Vanderbijlpark Maun Etosha Springbok

Default Vanderbijlpark Maun Etosha Springbok

Hi-
    I am planning a road trip from Vanderbijlpark to Maun in Botswana then to Etosha and from there down to Springbok--What is the best route to follow and all the "moets en moenies"--Anyone who traveled that route with suggestions---I`ll be removing my LED light bar at the border and only refit it when back in South Africa---On google maps I see thee is a ferry to cross a river in Namibia---How safe is it?---I would like to do a coastal route as far as possible --Thanks in advance !!!!
    Toyota Fortuner D-4D 4x4 AT
    My "speed control en navigasie "sisteem is al oor die 40 jaar oud!
    Werk tydelik in Sasolburg
    Ham Call ZS1SSM

Default Re: Vanderbijlpark Maun Etosha Springbok

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sanderson View Post
    Hi-
    I am planning a road trip from Vanderbijlpark to Maun in Botswana then to Etosha and from there down to Springbok--What is the best route to follow and all the "moets en moenies"--Anyone who traveled that route with suggestions---I`ll be removing my LED light bar at the border and only refit it when back in South Africa---On google maps I see thee is a ferry to cross a river in Namibia---How safe is it?---I would like to do a coastal route as far as possible --Thanks in advance !!!!
    Mark, that is a very, very broad enquiry - can you give us more specifics about where you want to go and what you want to see? I don't know of any ferries in Namibia other than the one across the Orange at Sendelingsdrift, which is perfectly safe. Maybe do a bit of research on the many threads on this website about both Botswana and Namibia, and come up with a bit more of a structure, then ask about specifics - there's a lot of expertise here, but you do have to give a bit more input.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.