Electrical Question. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Electrical Question.

So is this geyser genuine or is it like 2so?

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    So is this geyser genuine or is it like 2so?
    Not sure, only real test will proof.

Anyway, if the increase the frequency like they stated, then it will be more efficient provided that the induction transformer is well designed.

Also and I do not know if this is the case, but if you can increase the surface area of the element in contact with the water (that is actually a bad conductor of heat) the heat transfer to the water will be faster. And I think if you can get a water flow over the element core it might even help (can be corrected on this).

Might be expensive and therefor not suitable but heat pipes might also help. One day if I have time will experiment with this, but not soon and by then there will be other technologies in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilk View Post
    Not sure, only real test will proof.

Anyway, if the increase the frequency like they stated, then it will be more efficient provided that the induction transformer is well designed.

Also and I do not know if this is the case, but if you can increase the surface area of the element in contact with the water (that is actually a bad conductor of heat) the heat transfer to the water will be faster. And I think if you can get a water flow over the element core it might even help (can be corrected on this).

Might be expensive and therefor not suitable but heat pipes might also help. One day if I have time will experiment with this, but not soon and by then there will be other technologies in place.
    Please explain the heat pipes. I wonder if there is a company who could answer this question of mine.?Maybe Satchell the element makers.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    Please explain the heat pipes. I wonder if there is a company who could answer this question of mine.?Maybe Satchell the element makers.
    Don't think I will understand my own explanation, best is to google it. They use them to keep Computer Processors cool. Efficient way for head transfer by vaporizing liquid and then back to liquid after the heat transfer, continuously, Something like that, I hope. But think it will be expensive is a big application like a geyser, maybe an instant geyser.

Okay this explains why it is so much better and more effecient. Its got to do with the nature of frequency waves and is a scientific effects that joules law has .It now makes total sense.

Name:  harver.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  49.5 KB

We installed one in a guesthouse worked well ito heating and consumption, but the tank poped three times from over pressure. We had to take it out.
    God made the world a beautiful place to explore.

It's all smoke and mirrors and very concentrated 2SO. Real snake oil gobbledygook gook stuff.

Fine example of nonsense baffles brains by giving a plausible scientific reason, that is applicable in other applications but not here.

Quite simply you are putting energy into a system. The rise in temperature is 100% directly related to the mass and the amount of energy, minus any loses. In a standard geyser pretty close to all the energy you put into the element gets transferred into the water. An induction coil will have resistive losses and coupling losses. And the high frequency converter will have very big losses.

Things is, even if the induction components where 100% efficient, it would then only just start approaching the efficiency of a resistive element.

Induction heater work so well in something like a stove because you heat the pot directly. Not like a conventional stove that heats a surface (hot plate), which then via a second function indirectly heats the pot, with huge amounts of energy lost to the stove, counter, plates themselves and to the surrounding air.

Induction geysers have one very good characteristic. The heating element surface is large, resulting in VERY fast water heating. So they are well suited to small, virtually on demand applications, but not the standard 200L domestic centralized geyser. Depending on the application and usage, some extra savings can be had because you have a small geyser with small standing losses.

The gobbledygook literature goes to the trouble of explaining how induction heating works. But that is secondary. The saving, if any, is due to speed. The extra speed effectively gives you a larger supply of hot water over time for a given size geyser.

----------------

And we have to look at what cost this speed comes at - 4000W and R12,000.00 for 75L.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2018/02/15 at 09:22 AM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    3 V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    It's all smoke and mirrors and very concentrated 2SO. Real snake oil gobbledygook gook stuff.

Fine example of nonsense baffles brains by giving a plausible scientific reason, that is applicable in other applications but not here.

Quite simply you are putting energy into a system. The rise in temperature is 100% directly related to the mass and the amount of energy, minus any loses. In a standard geyser pretty close to all the energy you put into the element gets transferred into the water. An induction coil will have resistive losses and coupling losses. And the high frequency converter will have very big losses.

Things is, even if the induction components where 100% efficient, it would then only just start approaching the efficiency of a resistive element.

Induction heater work so well in something like a stove because you heat the pot directly. Not like a conventional stove that heats a surface (hot plate), which then via a second function indirectly heats the pot, with huge amounts of energy lost to the stove, counter, plates themselves and to the surrounding air.

Induction geysers have one very good characteristic. The heating element surface is large, resulting in VERY fast water heating. So they are well suited to small, virtually on demand applications, but not the standard 200L domestic centralized geyser. Depending on the application and usage, some extra savings can be had because you have a small geyser with small standing losses.

The gobbledygook literature goes to the trouble of explaining how induction heating works. But that is secondary. The saving, if any, is due to speed. The extra speed effectively gives you a larger supply of hot water over time for a given size geyser.

----------------

And we have to look at what cost this speed comes at - 4000W and R12,000.00 for 75L.
    Thats exactly what i thought.4 kw is what heats 200l. Here you have it heating 75l.if you took a 100 l geyser and banged in a 4 kw element it may work better at a third of the price.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to plunger For This Useful Post:

I agree fully with Fluffy on this.
    It is yet another classic BSBB project.
    Eggie.

What this country needs more and more, are more unemployed politicians.
    - apology to Edward Langley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2