Isuzu satnav system: TomTom Igo

Default Isuzu satnav system: TomTom Igo

Please accept my apology if this has already been discussedpreviously…. I cannot find a thread..

I bought my Isuzu 14 months ago with a standard onboardsatnav system which utilises TomTom igo for navigation. It has been working quite well to date butsince the weekend the system cannot find the satellite’s, ie. in the top leftcorner of the map screen I get a flashing message reading searching for satellite. I havetried all functions (reset, reboot, etc.) in the system options but cannot get thesystem to work, ie. without finding the satellite’s it is useless…..

Can anybody please give me an indication on what can be doneto resolve the issue as the dealership is wanting me to take the vehicle to athird party to resolve it.

Thank you
    Deon

Default Re: Isuzu satnav system: TomTom Igo

As a matter of interest I managed to resolve the issue.....

Out of pure frustration I decided to see if I could resolve the issue myself as the agent could not help.... I removed the unit and re-seated all the electrical plugs taking special care of both the radio and satelite aerial conncetions to ensure good contact. I replaced the unit again and now all is working one hundred percent again. The problem must have been a bad connection on the aerial.............

Default Re: Isuzu satnav system: TomTom Igo

Oh and I forgot to say it took the roughly fifteen minutes to get sorted..... It took longer to determine where to pull the radio to not break the clipt that actually solving the problem.....