Namibia- Kamdescha, Khowarib trail ombonde rvr,Klein Serengeti,Otjitheka trail.

Default Namibia- Kamdescha, Khowarib trail ombonde rvr,Klein Serengeti,Otjitheka trail.

Hi All, by the time we are going to do the trail added bellow i'll be driving for 10 days in a 4x4 vehicle with one day of intensive 4wd training and allot of reading already.
    Perhaps feedback would be i'm crazy but that's the reason i'm trying to be as informed as possible...we'r going for it anyway* !

Does anybody have some experience on the track as highlighted in the attached image (the blue line and the red line, schlucht or not schlucht, that is the question) ?

We would like to leave after etosha for kamanjab to restock, drive back to the Hobatere consession and hit the Kamdescha trail to the VET line.
    There i would like to drive the Khowarib trail, over the klein serengeti to Othjiteka trail to the C43.

Would this be doable in 1 day ? We would probably sleep in Ongongo.

I also read about the schlucht, that it is very nice but also very tricky (aardvark holes an vehicles getting stuck in them).
    Any experiences on that? How would you rate klein serengeti vs schlucht? Of better approach Itjitheka via kamanjab, C40 and forget about Kamdescha and c43 and see both the KLein serengeti and slucht ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Im not that crazy, if i feel unsafe or uncomfortable or people advice me NOT to do it, i wont do it!
    Name:  trail.png
Views: 234
Size:  409.4 KB
    Last edited by Chalixtor; 2018/01/27 at 08:00 PM.

Default Re: Namibia- Kamdescha, Khowarib trail ombonde rvr,Klein Serengeti,Otjitheka trail.

Looks like an interesting route. I planning a similar route in April 2018 and am interested in the feedback regarding rivers and flooding, camping, and wildlife etc.

Default Re: Namibia- Kamdescha, Khowarib trail ombonde rvr,Klein Serengeti,Otjitheka trail.

Hey,

did you manage to drive this route? I stuck last year with a broken 4x4 overnight. We were 3 cars traveling, so no issue, but after diging out more than 4 hours we decided to head back (we were driving Khowarib Schlucht trail). Could you share your experience? We are driving in May this time. best

Quote Originally Posted by Chalixtor View Post
    Hi All, by the time we are going to do the trail added bellow i'll be driving for 10 days in a 4x4 vehicle with one day of intensive 4wd training and allot of reading already.
    Perhaps feedback would be i'm crazy but that's the reason i'm trying to be as informed as possible...we'r going for it anyway* !

Does anybody have some experience on the track as highlighted in the attached image (the blue line and the red line, schlucht or not schlucht, that is the question) ?

We would like to leave after etosha for kamanjab to restock, drive back to the Hobatere consession and hit the Kamdescha trail to the VET line.
    There i would like to drive the Khowarib trail, over the klein serengeti to Othjiteka trail to the C43.

Would this be doable in 1 day ? We would probably sleep in Ongongo.

I also read about the schlucht, that it is very nice but also very tricky (aardvark holes an vehicles getting stuck in them).
    Any experiences on that? How would you rate klein serengeti vs schlucht? Of better approach Itjitheka via kamanjab, C40 and forget about Kamdescha and c43 and see both the KLein serengeti and slucht ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Im not that crazy, if i feel unsafe or uncomfortable or people advice me NOT to do it, i wont do it!
    Name:  trail.png
Views: 234
Size:  409.4 KB