lying mechanics

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: lying mechanics

Default lying mechanics

Hi guys this will be my first thread. I own a lexus v8 2007 np300. I want your guys assistence PLEASE!!!!! A few weeks ago i took my bakkie to a local mechanic that lots of people said i could trust. A few days later i decided to go check on my bakkie. When i walked into the shop my bakkie where nowhere to be seen. I were thould my bakkie went for wheel alignment ,so i waited for the bakkie to return becuase they told me the owner of the shop went to fetch it. Then my bakkie was towed in please bare in mind there were nothing wrong with the bakkie it started everyting, ot was in the shop to change the inner and outer tie rod ends and to manufacture a new center link , cause it had to be custom to miss the sump. When i asked the shop owner why my bakkoe had to be towed he replied " your release bearing just seized, so your bakkie cant start becuase the release bearing is holding the engine and I thougt BULL. But i thought maby it could happen. So i went home. The next day i called him and he told me that my water pump also seized amd that it was never connected to the fan belt but the pulley he is revering to is the viscous fans pulley as my bakkie has elecrronic fams there is no need for the vicous fan so its not connected. But I know the 1uz's waterpump is connected to the timing belt. So what i really want to know os is this even possible becuase i dont want to attack the guy and then maby I am wrong. What can i do in such case becuase this guy does not know what the hell he's doing. How can i approce this guy without starting a huge fight

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
    Concerned screwed over client

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lexusv8np300 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: lying mechanics

Forgot to mention he did not at all touch the tie rod ends or the center link. The bakkies steering has close to 40-50 degrees play im the steering and he told me everthings fine with the steering parts thats why he took it direcly for wheel aligntment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lexusv8np300 For This Useful Post:

Fishy...Contact. The regulatory authority like RMI....

Sad situation, are the guys premises legit?

Who did the original conversion on the vehicle?

The guys shop looks legit dont know if he is RMI registerd the bakkie was built in 2012 by extreme exhuast fitment in mossel bay but i really want to jumo in this guys throat but so many things can go wrong and i dont want to handle the situation the wrong way

I owned the bakkie for a year never had overheating problems or did trips of 800kms plus drove 7 sort of hell out of it somedays it whould not have lasted without a waterpump my boss advised me to this guy caise im new in the area and dont knoe the people and he works on my bosses land cruisers for years never had a problem

I suspect that you are holding onto the wrong end of the stick.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

I also suspect that but its trully sad cause i whoulve fixed the steering issues on my own but i dont have time to do it

I also think he went for a lekka jol on my bakkie and something broke and noe he is making up stuff so he can replave the part that broke

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexusv8np300 For This Useful Post:

Talked to a old friend of mine who worked for toyota for 20 years as a mechanic and he suspects that the engines crank bearing may have seized thus the engine cranking so weak but he says thats just a theory

I fear there is a smell in the air.

Get somebody independent to have a look at it.

Sitting on a case now of lots of finger pointing for a 3.2 DID.

At the end of the day, nothing has happened to the client's car for about 4 months. Now I have got involved and I am not letting that engine leave my sight.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

At the end of the day thats is what i probably shoulf do go and check on the bakkie each and evergday

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lexusv8np300 For This Useful Post:

Yeah I wouldn't put it past a mechanic to take a clients car for a joy ride, especially a tuned up one.

A few years back my old man had an Alfa with a Turbo conversion, at one point it was having issues with the electronics.

Car was sent to a well known franchise tuning shop in Durban where it spent 3-4 weeks while they "Tried to solve the problem."

After about the 4th week, while walking through the parking lot at Kings park before the rugby I hear this car racing through the parking lot, music at full blast, showing off etc.
    Lo and behold as it comes around the corner I see it's the old mans pride and joy with some lighty driving it like he stole it.....

I believe some words were exchange when he went to pick it up on the Monday. (Personally I would have come down with the spare key and taken it home from the stadium just to see what there reaction would be.)
    Last edited by BluePaj; 1 Week Ago at 08:55 AM.

That sucks...
    Have you recorded the mileage on the odo when you dropped off the car?
    If it's vastly more than the trip to the wheel alignment and back, I'd cut his head off...

He's started giving you stories already, it's not going to get better.
    Try the nice approach so that he tells you what actually happen. And take it away from him!

current: 02 Jeep Cherokee CRD busy getting a bigger heart, and a camping trailer
    previous: 97 Pajero LWB 3.5 V6, 99 Pathfinder R50 3.3 V6, 98 Defender 90 300 TDi bakkie

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest Fab For This Useful Post:

Taking a photo of the odo before dropping a vehicle at a service provider is an excellent idea.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Skylark For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately this seems to be much to common!

Finding good indies is becoming harder and harder.

I had my fair share of run ins with lying mechanics the last couple of years!

Strongs man, this sucks!
    Tjiep Softroadertjie
    Toy Rollover

Take a pict of odometer as backup... but if you book in your vehicle isnt it part of the book in to check and sign off kilos ? And afterwards as well ?

Hi i regreted not writing down the kms the moment he told me about the release bearing these guys get away with murder and at the and of the day ill go amd fetch my bakkie and need to fix it bymyself and hell keep riding people for their hard earned cash

Thats the problem stamdard cars dont get smashed on but modified ones seem to bad news when you take them to mechanics they just cant resist to go for a ride and beat thr living hell out of it

Wait let me refrase i believe standard cars get beat on to but maby not as much as tuned ones

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast