lying mechanics - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: lying mechanics

Default Re: lying mechanics

Hi all so i contacted the mechanic today and I told him ,that he is not allowed to work on the bakkie until I can come and se whats wrong myself. He then replied and said he firstly wants to apolagise for mixing up the parts. He admitted to me that hr made a mistake by mistaking a hydralic pump for a waterpump. I then said its fine but I still want to see whats wrong with the bakkie. He apparently bolted the transmission back this morning. And it runs so I will go into town tommorow and investigate but I think he got a fright. I confronted him on a casual manner and said that I dont understand how the thing can just seize or break. So yah I will see what is what tommorrow but its a suprise visit he does not know Im coming tommorow, told him Ill come when i have time

Lees die mechanic nie dalk die forum nie

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    Vat weg jou bakkie daardie ou verwar die waterpomp en die hidrouliese pomp war die waaier dryf.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexusv8np300 View Post
    Hi all so i contacted the mechanic today and I told him ,that he is not allowed to work on the bakkie until I can come and se whats wrong myself. He then replied and said he firstly wants to apolagise for mixing up the parts. He admitted to me that hr made a mistake by mistaking a hydralic pump for a waterpump. I then said its fine but I still want to see whats wrong with the bakkie. He apparently bolted the transmission back this morning. And it runs so I will go into town tommorow and investigate but I think he got a fright. I confronted him on a casual manner and said that I dont understand how the thing can just seize or break. So yah I will see what is what tommorrow but its a suprise visit he does not know Im coming tommorow, told him Ill come when i have time

Landcruiser 79 Series D/Cab 4.2L Diesel
    Bush Lapa Miskruier (no: 34)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastiaan For This Useful Post:

Hahaha dit sal bitter snaaks wees maar glo drm nie ek sal maar more gaan kyk wat aangaan en as ek nie gulukkig is nie gaan rk my bakkie wegvat

Ek dink hyt agtergekom toe ek hom bel en se hy moet asb stop om aan my bakkie te werk ek vermoed iets en toe maar onverskooning gevra. Miskien sy geweete hom begin pla. Maar die waarheid sal maar more na vore kom.

Ek dink dis n shap plan, my tjomma!
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sawdust For This Useful Post:

😁ek hoop maar net vir beste op die staduim

Ek elk geval nie sy naam genoem of sy company nie so ek hom nie enigsins benadeel as hy wel die forum lees nie maar as die skoen pas.......

He probably got a fright cause he read this thread

current: 02 Jeep Cherokee CRD busy getting a bigger heart, and a camping trailer
    previous: 97 Pajero LWB 3.5 V6, 99 Pathfinder R50 3.3 V6, 98 Defender 90 300 TDi bakkie

🤣he whould never admit it though

My current experience - an ongoing saga:
    From the story below I think some mechanics / workshops tell you lies to try get rid of you cause they don't want your business.

Wife's car broke just before the holidays - huge noise in the engine, I feared the worst as the the car is old, parked the car and waited for the holiday season to pass.

First week in January I started hunting for a workshop, visited one but did not like the feeling, visited another and the people seemed really genuine and the shop looked fine, RMI, Bosch and all the credentials - actually to clean but hey, it was just after opening in Jan so they probably cleaned the place.
    Had the car towed the Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon they called - from the noise and a compression test they reckoned a complete overhaul, R25k or more.
    I went and fetched the car, paid R350 for the time they spend on it, the car is old, probably only worth R40k, and there are some other small stuff as well that needs fixing. Me and the wife must make a decision - fix or sell as scrap and buy something new(new for us), doesn't matter which way it is a problem for us at the moment.

Then I remembered someone I met on this forum who has a workshop as well (his son actually), contacted him, asked a few questions (overhaul, import engine, costs etc), he came to my house and had a look at a few things and he reckons the engine is fixable and it might not even be as bad.
    We decide to tow it to there workshop to have a look.
    They started working on it this morning, got a call a while back - water pump is broken and noise is coming from there, they are suggesting replacement of pump and a complete timing kit as the water pump is driven by the timing belt.
    So we went from a possible overhaul/replacement to a water pump replacement, don't get me wrong, there might still be something serious wrong with our car, will only know when the pump is replaced and they do some further testing, but at least these guys are doing a proper diagnostic job.

My point, I think the first workshop wasn't interested in helping me because they thought it to be to much trouble doing proper diagnostics and just gave me an expensive story to get rid of me, come to think of it, they still haven't called me back after I asked them what an engine replacement would cost.
    Neil

Moral of the story. You will go back to this guy and refer everybody else there as well.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

Enige updates op die saga?
    -----------------------------
    Isuzu Frontier 280LX 4x4 2001

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect the pipes connected to a water pump may just be a little bit bigger than the pipes connected to a hydraulic pump.

I could be wrong, maybe ocean liners are different.

Technically, I guess we all do recognize that a water pump is actually a hydraulic pump. he he
    Last edited by Fluffy; 6 Days Ago at 06:24 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

hi all so I visit the garage today and I may just be some of the lucky few that gave the guy the jump early enough. So I went to his garage and the where bolting up stuff like the propshaft etc etc. Release bearing is well shot so the replacement was due anyway. I asked if I can start it and he said go right ahead. Turn the key and purres like a kitten haha without a exhuast bye the way. So its like maby a lion cub purr. But ja guys he said hell contact me in the following couple of days to come and fetch the bakkie. He is just bolting back everything. Bakkie is neatly wassed shines like a new np300 tires are polised so Im very much in my noppies. But ja the rest of the stuff Ill come fix at home but he wont see me again.

Glad to hear there is light in your tunnel
    -----------------------------
    Isuzu Frontier 280LX 4x4 2001

Thanks yes Im very glad I talked to him early on.

Thanks guys for all the help.

I have one of these Netstar tracking devices in my vehicles.
    Should the vehicle go out of my sight it gets tracked, they get a phone call very quickly stating that I assume my vehicle has been stolen as it has left their premises at a high speed.

On one of my cars it got me a free service when it went out of warranty as I kept the voucher.
    Danie & Marinda - die wiele is rond, dus moet hulle hardloop - afgetree nou leef ons net.
    2017 BL - Kewer B1115 RUS WA GP - bos en kamp tyd
    2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - daaglikse ryding
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 DC XLT - nuwe rondloop ry ding, nou sleep ons! (2017)
    2011 Echo 4, die RUSWA-ZN - (verkoop)
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5 DT DC XLT - rondloop ry ding met "bietjie ekstra" krag (Verkoop)
    2005 Chev Aveo - Afgeskryf (2016)
    2005 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2003 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2000 Nissan Hardbody - Geruil (pyne by die duisended)
    1998 Opel Kadett - Dogter se wiele geword in 2003 (baie warm enjin)
    1990 Datsun 1800 short wheelbase - Pa se ou plaas bakkie, na die Nissan die pad gevat het met sy probleme in 2003
    1990 Hilux 2.4D - en hy kon loop, pomp en top gewerk aan.
    1984 Opel Commondore - het gehardloop
    1983 Safary 3 karavaan - verkoop en begin tent in 2000
    1980 Ford Granada 3.0 - warm enjin afgeskryf
    1969 VW 1600 TL - geen einde nie, warm enjin en geruil
    1968 VW 1600 L - geen einde en baie warm enjin, verkoop in 1998

But why didnt start(or turned sluggishly) in the first place?

It cant be from a release bearing?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5