Bitcoin - Poll - Page 13

View Poll Results: Multi Choice - Your take...

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • I bought and made money

57 32.57%
  • I bought and LOST money

1 0.57%
  • I studied it and BOUGHT

27 15.43%
  • I studied it, and gave it a skip

25 14.29%
  • I made zero effort, not interested

29 16.57%
  • I'm intersted, but know too little to risk

46 26.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Bitcoin - Poll

Default Re: Bitcoin - Poll

Hannes, I just get the feeling that there is something approaching hysteria starting to show in the excitement I see in some of the posts. So my post was intended to advise caution. When I see this type of hysteria all going in one direction, or advising the same thing, I tend to run the other way. But that's just me..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Die SwartKat View Post
    Litecoin is climbing just as much.

I want a little something of all three but would want it to drop a little before I buy.

Luno does not do Litecoin.

What is the preferred platform to manage Litecoin?
    How about some cryptokitties - you can buy two and they multiple

https://www.cryptokitties.co/

And Now CNN is saying North Korea is behind Bitcoin hacks and they are gaining the lead in Block chain tech- don't know if its fake news or has substance. A little of both.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/12/tech...ard/index.html
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    Hannes, I just get the feeling that there is something approaching hysteria starting to show in the excitement I see in some of the posts. So my post was intended to advise caution. When I see this type of hysteria all going in one direction, or advising the same thing, I tend to run the other way. But that's just me..
    I agree 100% but what I am saying is there is fairly balanced comment here many warnings.

Many stories of success, but I agree while it is going up all strategies will work.

I have eventually taken a small nibble after 24 hours I am R 4 down do you think I am in trouble.

Litecoin is climbing just as much.

I want a little something of all three but would want it to drop a little before I buy.

Luno does not do Litecoin.

What is the preferred platform to manage Litecoin?
    https://www.altcointrader.co.za/ They do a number of different coins
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked.
    1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts
    Platkar - Suzuki Swift 1.4 GLS Auto

6. The Following User Says Thank You to saxj For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Bitcoin is pretty stable right now.

Wonder what the next move is. Up or down?
    T&Cs... I'm not a financial advisor, nor registered or qualified trader... I'm speculating on information I gather, disseminate and make decisions s on....

I hate stability... Hahaha... I sold BTC last night at 250... I'm hoping for it to go back down to nearer the 220 mark... BTC seems to struggle getting over that $18K/R250K mark at the moment... It will go over kom d u t, but I'm betting not before dropping at least once more... I hope..

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Ether is climbing today
    But looking at the charts over the last week it has not kept up with Bitcoin
    That said today it is 17% up
    Just sold Ether at a tidy 20%...bought at 0.296 on Sunday which I almost instantly regretted, and I have just sold at 0.033... It peaked at 0.043, but I had an automated bid in. If I didn't have it, I would have missed the boat completely. Although Ether isn't currently performing as well in the long run as Bitcoin does, it does spike violently every now and then... Nice when you can catch one at the right time...
    I think ether will do well in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    I agree 100% but what I am saying is there is fairly balanced comment here many warnings.

Many stories of success, but I agree while it is going up all strategies will work.

You have to be level headed and cautious, otherwise you'll burn. That said... Without taking big risks, I'm up 45% since last week Wednesday night, but that prolonged Bitcoin run helped. If I just left it lying in Bitcoin since then I'd be on 32%
    Last edited by Loams; 10 Hours Ago at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
    Well, as I understand it, if there's a run on selling Bitcoin, the price will obviously plummet, so you'll get less money for your coin than before the run, but the variables causing the run might not be the same all over the world, so someone in Lithuania or India might simply see the lower price as a buying opportunity and scoop up the coin you're trying to sell here, in the process releasing cash into the system, albeit at a lower premium than before the run. You can't really compare it to a bank, in fact, because it's trading currency and you don't trade currency at a bank, you do it at an exchange.

To a certain extent getting your cash back is actually more secure than from a bank, because the bank, as you've mentioned, doesn't have sufficient cash to service all its clients, should they all decide to withdraw their money on a given day, whereas there will always be a buyer and a seller for currency, albeit at fluctuating rates. In other words, even a Zim$ has some value!
    Not true though - all South African banks are underwritten by the Reserve Bank and your deposits are safe. You might not get it exactly when you want to, because a run might affect immediate liquidity, but you will get your money. If Bitcoin fails - there are ways - then your virtual money evaporates as if it never existed, which is exactly what does happen to it once you swap it for Bitcoin.

I have a Luno account now, and I'll wait for a pullback. If it doesn't pull back, then so be it, there are many good investments out there that don't give me "tick" fever.
    If you think you're the cleverest person in the room then you're in the wrong room"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the word of caution Johan.

But I really am a conservative type of guy even though my earlier posts seems to indicate the contrary.

I am excited about the fact that I have never done this before (always wanted to play with shares) but never had the time, strength or inclination for it.

Now it is accessible to the man on the street so to speak. And I have been doing some research of my own also.

And what I put into this now, I really can afford to lose.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ripple (XRP) is also on a bit of a trot today...
    Colin

1) 2010 Prado 150 TX 4.0l V6
    2) Echo Kavango anchor.

[QUOTE=Karol;3766255]How about some cryptokitties - you can buy two and they multiple

Hahahahahahah, somehow I don't think those kitties, regardless of how rare the breed or long the whiskers are, will have much value when it comes to trading/selling time...
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

[QUOTE=Die SwartKat;3766311]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    How about some cryptokitties - you can buy two and they multiple

Hahahahahahah, somehow I don't think those kitties, regardless of how rare the breed or long the whiskers are, will have much value when it comes to trading/selling time...
    Try around $100k per kitty - thats what some go for

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/06/meet...-for-100k.html

Worlds gone mad
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

[QUOTE=Karol;3766321]

Worlds gone mad
    And stupid kids have money

Cool Re: Bitcoin - Poll

Looks like it's gathered up some steam again...
    There is only one...

This is hysteria, no doubt, and it will plato out... It's the gold rush of the digital age, some will get lucky, some will go broke. This is the free market system. This type of opportunity will not come to the man on the street again in our lifetime...

But what do I know... Bitcoin just went through the 250 barrier and climbing steadily, and because I thought it would drop significantly I am not in on the action... The difference here is... I am not losing money, I'm just not making any... But the chances are good it will pull back to where I'm happy to get in... If not, I'll accept my lack of income and get back in at a different level
    Last edited by Loams; 9 Hours Ago at 05:18 PM.

unfortunately I agree if its to good to be true.....................I step aside and ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    Not true though - all South African banks are underwritten by the Reserve Bank and your deposits are safe. You might not get it exactly when you want to, because a run might affect immediate liquidity, but you will get your money. If Bitcoin fails - there are ways - then your virtual money evaporates as if it never existed, which is exactly what does happen to it once you swap it for Bitcoin.

I have a Luno account now, and I'll wait for a pullback. If it doesn't pull back, then so be it, there are many good investments out there that don't give me "tick" fever.
    Not true - R20,000 lost with African Bank failure!! Where's the Reserve bank now?
    2005 Disco 3 TDV6

19. The Following User Says Thank You to georgecape For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Karol;3766321]

Worlds gone mad
    I have no words.

Unbelievable......
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Die SwartKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgecape View Post
    Not true - R20,000 lost with African Bank failure!! Where's the Reserve bank now?
    To be honest, I think people also lost money in the Saambou debacle years ago, but I couldn't remember how it panned out, so I didn't want to say anything. The difference is, it's very rare in our modern banking system, because they're so strictly regulated. Apparently it can still happen in the case of some of those small-town banks in the US (dunno if things have changed since I last heard this).
    There is only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post

I have eventually taken a small nibble after 24 hours I am R 4 down do you think I am in trouble.
    hope you recover ...

most fun (adrenaline) you have had in years for only R4 !

Thanks for the word of caution Johan.

But I really am a conservative type of guy even though my earlier posts seems to indicate the contrary.

I am excited about the fact that I have never done this before (always wanted to play with shares) but never had the time, strength or inclination for it.

Now it is accessible to the man on the street so to speak. And I have been doing some research of my own also.

And what I put into this now, I really can afford to lose.
    just for curiosity -

It IS incredibly EASY to play the JSE !!

Few years back I played via PSG. Live view of what was happening on my PC. Following the financial news, reading up, learning how the wheels turns .....

By shear dumb luck I climbed out end 2007 - when I bought a house ... turns out to have been the HIGH point when I got out.

Today there are SO MANY other options than just PSG to do this .....

BUT, your minimum buy-in is something like R15k (not sure of the exact figure today). Thats if you want to buy "shares" .....

For smaller buy-ins you are looking at other options ... but in my opnion not the same "rush" as dealing in individual shares ....

Sadly not the returns of bitcoin .... but slightly lower risk (was going to say much less risk untill Mr Jooste turned the tables on us ...)

As for bitcoin ... I truly hope guys make a few bob, more importantly that school fees will be minimal ..... and I really hope nobody is betting the house ..... mass hysteria is a very nasty mistress ....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13