Victron Bluetooth on Bluesolar Chargecontroller

Default Victron Bluetooth on Bluesolar Chargecontroller

Does anyone have any experience with the VE direct bluetooth dongle connected to a Bluesolar charge controller?

I have a bluesolar 100-15 on my battery box and am looking at getting the bluetooth dongle to play with. Not sure if it's worth it though... but it surely would complete the battery box very nicely...

Default Re: Victron Bluetooth on Bluesolar Chargecontroller

I use it and like it, gives you an instant picture of what's really happening. Only thing, the connection takes a few seconds so I leave the app open. When unlocking the phone it still takes a second or two to reconnect but a lot faster that way.
    Wynand
    2005 Discovery 3 HSE v8
    2002 Discovery II XS v8 (sold)
    1974 Chev K 25 (julle dink 'n v8 is dors)
    Land Rover - making mechanics from motorists since 1947 and electronic engineers since 1989!

Cool
    Maybe I'll get rid of all the old batteries lying around in the garage... think there's 3 or 4 of them... that should generate some funds for the BT module...

I use 2 of them. One connected to the BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 and the other to the BMV-702 battery monitor. This way I can see my consumption and what my panels are pushing out.
    Touareg V10

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderGear View Post
    I use 2 of them. One connected to the BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 and the other to the BMV-702 battery monitor. This way I can see my consumption and what my panels are pushing out.
    But canít you see all of that with the one when the load is connected to the load output on the BS 75/15?

@Willem
    I replied on your other thread as to why I bought the BT.
    But here it is again...

ďTo me itís worth it even though I have the DIY forum Batt monitor.
    The BT app works on my phone and iPad

I can check the state of the battery while driving

I can turn the load off and on via the BT app.

I can check the system at night if need be with out getting out of Bed /Tent as the range is quite far

It shows history per day for 30 days, so for long stays you get an overall picture of whatís going on and can pick up that the battery is getting Less and less, you can also export the history for comparisons to determine if the battery is aging, or if the solar setup is different.

And most importantly , upgrade the firmware of the controller , Stock Std off the shelf the controller is behind.

You can also change battery algorithms if you are clever enough.Ē

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtBasher For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillemT View Post
    But canít you see all of that with the one when the load is connected to the load output on the BS 75/15?
    I do not use the load output function of the charge controller. I only use it for charging. My load connects directly to the battery through the BMV-702 battery monitor shunt. That way I can monitor battery capacity and solar input.

I use a Blue Sea fuse block for reticulation and fusing.

Last edited by SpiderGear; 1 Day Ago at 08:37 AM.
    Touareg V10

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderGear View Post
    I do not use the load output function of the charge controller. I only use it for charging. My load connects directly to the battery through the BMV-702 battery monitor shunt. That way I can monitor battery capacity and solar input.

I use a Blue Sea fuse block for reticulation and fusing.

I see the BMV 702 can monitor a lot more than what you can with the bluesolar load output... But think it's a bit of an overkill for me... Still with those two you have all the information on you solar, battery and load that you'll ever need...

Looks like a super nice fuse box!!!
    I got a fuse box from 4x4 direct but the irritating part is that negatives becomes a mess as it only distributes positive and the negatives are now all stacked up on the shunt. very messy solution... Will need to get a bus bar or something for the negatives... or just a new fuse box...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtBasher View Post
    @Willem
    I replied on your other thread as to why I bought the BT.
    But here it is again...

ďTo me itís worth it even though I have the DIY forum Batt monitor.
    The BT app works on my phone and iPad

I can check the state of the battery while driving

I can turn the load off and on via the BT app.

I can check the system at night if need be with out getting out of Bed /Tent as the range is quite far

It shows history per day for 30 days, so for long stays you get an overall picture of whatís going on and can pick up that the battery is getting Less and less, you can also export the history for comparisons to determine if the battery is aging, or if the solar setup is different.

And most importantly , upgrade the firmware of the controller , Stock Std off the shelf the controller is behind.

You can also change battery algorithms if you are clever enough.Ē
    Saw the reply thanks.

If you run your fridge straight of the battery and use the load output of the blue solar only for lights and other things the remote load on/off can be very handy to switch your camp lights on and off without walking by every light... but then you throw away the total energy used stats as you're then bypassing the controller during the night...

The updating part is a bonus! I thought you might need the usb interface... but I guess it's just an interface so which ever one will work...