Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanked: 136

    Default Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Last edited by PieterOos; 2017/10/05 at 02:49 PM.
    Pieter
    Fortuner 4x4
    Echo 4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanked: 344

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    This is huge! Ford doesn't have the 2.2 Everest 4x4 in auto. Should sell like hot cakes, otherwise the market just proves how status driven our SUV market is.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,673
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Now this is a value package!!!!!!!!!

    Hope they spec it decently
    VW Amarok 4Motion Auto
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At the office
    Age
    36
    Posts
    978
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Judging by other markets, we can expect one or two minor updates across the range.


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Definitely needs reverse camera or atleast pdc.. The current 2.4 radio sucks too.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,758
    Thanked: 27

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Very smart move by Toyota!
    2011 VW Amarok BiTDI DC 4Motion
    (Ex) 2007 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DID DC 4x4
    (Ex) 2001 Mitsubishi Colt 2.8 TDI DC 4x4

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    40
    Posts
    177
    Thanked: 107

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    I've said for years that they should do this even with the previous Fortuner having owned two of the 2.5's first a manual and later an auto when they became available. Sold the auto eventually to buy a 2.5 srx d/c 4x4. Had the 2.5 at the time came out in 4x4 with auto I probably would still own it. I was under the impression that Toyota was scared it would cannibalize sales of the 3.0. But what I did'nt understand is there has always been tx and vx Prado's and Landcruisers. So now eventually it looks like they have caught a wakeup and is brining a value "tx" Fortuner to the market at a more reasonable price! I'm sure Ford will catch on quickly, they already have a very good value for money Ranger 2.2 4x4 auto.
    Jeep Wrangler Polar Edition (Weekend Toy)
    Nissan Navara v9x (Overlander)
    RAV 4 4x2 Auto (Mommy's Taxi)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked: 233

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by QuQ View Post
    Judging by other markets, we can expect one or two minor updates across the range.
    Yes, 220v outlets in higher spec models and power tailgates across the range, Hilux also getting autos across the range and changes to the lights interior fabrics.....SRX now comes with all the electronics the Raider has, I think they will probably stay 2:1 in sales vs the Ranger for a while yet??
    FJC - Just Cruising

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tshwanetoria
    Age
    64
    Posts
    645
    Thanked: 58

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    This is huge! Ford doesn't have the 2.2 Everest 4x4 in auto. Should sell like hot cakes, otherwise the market just proves how status driven our SUV market is.
    Yes, I think another huge opportunity missed by Fords bean counters!! And they were told so by the motoring public!!
    Last edited by hatjohan; 2017/10/06 at 03:57 PM.


  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tshwanetoria
    Age
    64
    Posts
    645
    Thanked: 58

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Now compare that price to the new Pajero Sport. Slightly lower power and specs, but almost a R100k cheaper!


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At the office
    Age
    36
    Posts
    978
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Yes, 220v outlets in higher spec models and power tailgates across the range, Hilux also getting autos across the range and changes to the lights interior fabrics.....SRX now comes with all the electronics the Raider has, I think they will probably stay 2:1 in sales vs the Ranger for a while yet??
    Also, electric passenger seat in top models, a revised front bumper etc. Some markets even get a new "sporty" model designated "TRD Sportivo" which is a styling pack only.
    Last edited by QuQ; 2017/10/06 at 08:29 AM.


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    29
    Posts
    472
    Thanked: 357

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Well done Toyota, well done
    2011 Isuzu KB 250 D-Teq S/C

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Clanwilliam
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 106

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Where do you get all this info? Is there a website I can read about this?
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    Afrispoor Serval

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At the office
    Age
    36
    Posts
    978
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Google is your friend. I saw this info on Indian and Thai websites (which are all written in English).


  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At the office
    Age
    36
    Posts
    978
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    That said, what TSA decides to offer is another matter alltogether! I mean, we still hve to make-do with the 3.0 D4D in the Prado when Aus and the UK have had the 2.8 Prado for 3 years aready!


  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,972
    Thanked: 1204

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Great move by Toyota.

    That 2,4 GD6 is a jewel of an engine, used in top spec Hilux and Tunas in lots of countries.
    "Everything You See, I Owe to Spaghetti" (Sophia Loren)

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked: 233

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandveld View Post
    Where do you get all this info? Is there a website I can read about this?
    I got 2nd hand info about a month ago from a contractor that works for me I posted it in this thread http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...66#post3682466 but I have heard it from one or two other guys since so I think its genuine??

    The 2.4 SRX Hilux is def getting these upgrades, a friend of mine ordered an auto yesterday!!

    Hill Assist Control (HAC)
    Active Traction Control (ATRC)
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
    Downhill Assist Control (DAC) Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
    Curtain airbags
    Side airbags (front)
    Emergency Brake Signal
    FJC - Just Cruising

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Clanwilliam
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 106

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    I got 2nd hand info about a month ago from a contractor that works for me I posted it in this thread http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...66#post3682466 but I have heard it from one or two other guys since so I think its genuine??

    The 2.4 SRX Hilux is def getting these upgrades, a friend of mine ordered an auto yesterday!!

    Hill Assist Control (HAC)
    Active Traction Control (ATRC)
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
    Downhill Assist Control (DAC) Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
    Curtain airbags
    Side airbags (front)
    Emergency Brake Signal
    Thanks for the feedback. Any info on the inside of the car. Will it have the same features as the 2.8?
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    Afrispoor Serval

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked: 233

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandveld View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Any info on the inside of the car. Will it have the same features as the 2.8?
    I don't have any more info other than he has to wait until November for delivery if he wanted the new spec.
    FJC - Just Cruising

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanked: 233

    Default Re: Toyota sa adds 44 version of 2,4-litre fortuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Great move by Toyota.

    That 2,4 GD6 is a jewel of an engine, used in top spec Hilux and Tunas in lots of countries.
    Agree, and it towed a Unimog further up a dirt track hill than a V6 Amarok!!
    FJC - Just Cruising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •