Brand New Ford Everest supplied with mixed tires. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Brand New Ford Everest supplied with mixed tires.

Man, oh man,
    some guys will go on and on and on. Where is a spare used as a permanent tyre?? it is called a spare because it is exactly that. in the event of a puncture, put the spare on and head for a fitment centre to have the damage repaired. If the tyres are different, drive at the speed that the slowest tyre is rated at.
    Enjoy the car!!

Quote Originally Posted by peterbonfrer View Post
    Man, oh man,
    some guys will go on and on and on. Where is a spare used as a permanent tyre?? it is called a spare because it is exactly that. in the event of a puncture, put the spare on and head for a fitment centre to have the damage repaired. If the tyres are different, drive at the speed that the slowest tyre is rated at.
    Enjoy the car!!
    If this is meant for me. Please see the actual issue.

salesman sold him a vehicle with AT tyres. He received HT tyres. Would you just accept that?
    Last edited by Oppies3800; 2017/09/19 at 09:38 AM.
    1986 Toyota Hilux SFA - Always a work in progress

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    If this is meant for me. Please see yhethe actual issue.

salesman sold him a vehicle with AT tyres. He received HT tyres. Would you just accept that?

In my opinion the OP is "crying about spilled milk"

He viewed, probably test drove, and removed the vehicle off the showroom floor with those HT tyres.. He signed a delivery slip stating that all is fine when taking the key. And after a week or what have you,he only cries foul?

WTH?

I would have stipulated the ATs from the start. Hell the first thing I will check is the tyres, like, kick them and all!

After the Kuga challenge I will never trust Ford again. Maybe Ford thought no-one would notice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DougSouthern For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan101 View Post

He viewed, probably test drove, and removed the vehicle off the showroom floor with those HT tyres.. He signed a delivery slip stating that all is fine when taking the key. And after a week or what have you,he only cries foul?

WTH?

I would have stipulated the ATs from the start. Hell the first thing I will check is the tyres, like, kick them and all!
    I agree, but another salesman at another branch told my friend AT tyres. He went to the showroom and saw HT. He cancelled the deal with that branch.

Phoned 3 other branches and all confirmed AT. I don't think Ford salesmen knows the difference or they are just ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan101 View Post

WTH?

Hi, sorry for the delay as I was waiting for a outcome.

Seriously?? "crying about spilled milk"

1.) 5 days after taking delivery I send a whatsapp to the salesman with a photo. If you re-read my original post you will see I mentioned it. I only noticed the AT spare the Saturday.

2) The salesman was not there on the day of delivery.

3) There was no stock in the Western Cape, it came strait fully wrapped in plastic from the factory.

Regarding the tires, I drove around and popped into another dealership. 2x New Everest delivered from the factory with the same tyre setup. 4x HT's and a AT spare. Then I checked the new rangers and all of them had matching tyres on. So why does the rangers have matching tyres and not the Everest? Its the same vehicle in the end of the day?

Anyway the only good that came off this was that I was refunded for the extra R3600 charged on top of the advertising price and received a full refund for the mud flaps and tow bar. I will give them that, they at least sorted me out with the extra charges. My intentions was never to bang the dealership. Everyone makes mistakes and not every dealership is perfect. The tyre issues looks like is defiantly a Ford SA thing and not related to the dealership. I think there might be a stock issue, but I could be wrong.

and no I will never return it, its mine, and also a dam fine vehicle to drive. Enjoying it more and more everyday. If push comes to shove I will replace the tyres after a year OR the first flat with better quality hankook dynapro ATM's for example.

Thanks for the advice guys, my only concern was the drive terrain and safety, because of the diffirent type tyres, but as some of you mentioned that I should not be worried.

Thanks & Cheers!
    Last edited by antonCPT; 2017/09/19 at 09:22 PM.

Dunno if I am reading the specs of your tires incorrectly, but Continental says this is HT/AT tire with offfroad capabilities.
    On the tire is the letters M+S (suitable for mud & sand). So it is not just a HT tire.
    2013 Mahindra XUV 500
    2006 Jeep 3.7 Limited with 1.5" lift

This is a typical case of a salesman not knowing the product they sell. The tow bar with receiver comes installed on the vehicle, the extra you pay is for the most expensive ball in automotive history that fits into the receiver. As for the mud flaps, the front are listed as optional, but most dealers would throw them in free of charge.

My XLT was one of the first ones built overseas and came with HT tyres that I swapped immediately and the 17" spare on a steel rim. The rim actually had a 80km/hr sticker on it but I was never sure why as it is a standard 265/65R17, not a marie biscuit type.

2015 Ford Everest 3.2 TDCi XLT
    Mods to follow...
    Afrispoor Cougar

I have been looking at new cars, liked the Everest but noticed that they supply some models with a spare which does not match the other four wheels, this is as specified in the sales brochure! Definitely better than Run Flats and no spare, also better than a little "Marie Biscuit" type spare but to fit four 265/60R18 on the car and supply a 265/65R17 as the spare hardly makes any sense. While the spare has for all intents and purposes the same rolling diameter as the other wheels, the smaller 17in rim size being offset by a higher profile tire.
    In my case I asked the Ford Salesman if I could have an Everest with 265/65R17 wheels because I don't like Low Profile Tires 1.) Because they give a hard ride and 2.) They do not fare so well on the dirt as they are more prone to sidewall damage. This was thought to be OK provided I buy the four wheels as extra, HELLO, and what do I do with the the other four, an option might be to sell them to Everest buyers who want their spare to match the other wheels!
    Another factor in all of this is some tire sizes, some sizes are more easily available than others, are 265/65R17 as easy to get as 265/60R18 - I am not sure?
    On constant 4x4 drive vehicles I like to keep the wheels all the same size and make (talking about tread depth) so like to have two spares, I swop the wheels around in pairs every 5,000 which achieves this.
    I have noticed that many Salesman have really poor product knowledge, all some know is how to fill in the Sales Order to get their commission, and also all they are interested in doing.
    In your case, I believe the Consumer Act covers you in that the Salesman is expected to know his product and is obliged to give you not only the nice to know stuff and what you want to hear but also the negative stuff as well!
    Good luck

Salesmen. Rubbish, the majority of these people are what I call order takers. They make no effort to sell you a vehicle. When you walk into a dealership you have already decided what you want to buy.

They facilitate the deal and that is all.
    How can you be old and wise
    if you were never young and wild

2016 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4X4 Auto
    2015 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT Auto
    2015 Mini Countryman
    2016 Conqueror Companion 2B

Quote Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
    Salesmen. Rubbish, the majority of these people are what I call order takers. They make no effort to sell you a vehicle. When you walk into a dealership you have already decided what you want to buy.

They facilitate the deal and that is all.
    Please READ the thread and not just parts thereof

Interesting what is happening down under re Ford Everest's wheel size situation:

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/can...m-only-bigger/

Iíve contacted Ford and they referred me to my dealer and they concur that I can fit bigger wheels 21-inch legally (not interested in turning my car into a Toorak Tractor?) but cannot fit smaller 18-inch or 17-inch wheels.
    Then in Sept:

http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/12565/fo...l-tyre-option/

The Everest Titanium has previously only been available with 20-inch alloy wheels and tyres, but Ford is now offering buyers the choice between the fancy 20-inch kit or an 18-inch alloy and tyre package. Itís a no-cost option, with the 18-inch wheel/tyre package including suspension changes and Driver Assistance Technology re-calibrations
    Pieter
    Fortuner 4x4
    Echo 4

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    Interesting what is happening down under re Ford Everest's wheel size situation:

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/can...m-only-bigger/

Then in Sept:

http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/12565/fo...l-tyre-option/
    Why would suspension changes be needed to fit the 18" wheels?

My everest came with exactly the same tyres 18" fitted and AT spare on a steel rim 17" . According to the experts at Ford head office the diameter is exactly the same for both except when you change your 18" tyres to AT's .

To replace the spare rim to match the other 4 alloy wheels will set you back R9000 + the Tyre ( from two Ford dealers)

I do have 3X alloy rims ( original and brand new) for the Ford Everest 2017 , 18" for sale at 30% less if interested

Enjoy the Everest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3