T-Max Winch Issue - I'm clueless...

Default T-Max Winch Issue - I'm clueless...

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2013 2.2 Defender after falling in love with the vehicle, and it came with a winch! But, unfortunately, this is my first rodeo and I know absolutely nothing about 4x4 maintenance, so please excuse my ignorance, and I would appreciate your help here!

I was trying the winch (T-Max) for the first time and unrolled in about 3m with the trigger. When trying to retract the rope, the winch stop and just clicked. Now it will not pull in or out, and just clicks.

Do you know what the issue might be?

Many thanks,

Ayrton

Default Re: T-Max Winch Issue - I'm clueless...

Quote Originally Posted by AyrtonDefender View Post
    Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2013 2.2 Defender after falling in love with the vehicle, and it came with a winch! But, unfortunately, this is my first rodeo and I know absolutely nothing about 4x4 maintenance, so please excuse my ignorance, and I would appreciate your help here!

I was trying the winch (T-Max) for the first time and unrolled in about 3m with the trigger. When trying to retract the rope, the winch stop and just clicked. Now it will not pull in or out, and just clicks.

Do you know what the issue might be?

Many thanks,

Ayrton
    it needs a service, grease most probably dried up due to lack of use or exposure to water/dust etc. take it to 4x4megaworld.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2016 VW Amarok 4motion DC(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Boskriek 567, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha 70hp 4st.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

I see you in Cape Town give Frank a call, he serviced my T-max winch, safari center advised me to go to him

083 701 3432

Mine was also was stuck due to lack of use : ), turned out to be a dirty contact in the control box
    Hilux 2700i s/c 4X4 with a few extras ...............
    Cape Town

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ismail For This Useful Post:

Had the same on mine, just a Warn.

I took the side of the winch with the gears off, cleaned out the grease, put some new grease in and it is working fine again.
    Tjiep Softroadertjie
    Toy Rollover

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanvn For This Useful Post: