Astrophotography trip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Astrophotography trip

Hi There,

Would any members be interested in an Astrophotography trip? I've been doing wide field and deep sky images for a bit and I'd be happy to share some knowledge and tips with anyone wanted to learn. I'm based in Cape Town so it will have to be near here.

W
    2000 Landrover Discovery with central diff lock fitted. Nothing special to you but to me she's my old lady

Default Re: Astrophotography trip

Me for sure !

Are we talking an evening trip out or a weekend away ?
    Safe Diving

Andy

2013 Isuzu KB6 300 DC 4X4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrews_underwater_images/

Maybe an evening to start with. My next weekend away is in September to Cederberg again. I've taken a few nice pics behind Durbanville or even towards Ceres.
    2000 Landrover Discovery with central diff lock fitted. Nothing special to you but to me she's my old lady

Count us in, and we are available in September. (I say 'Us' but I will just be driving )

So everyone is ok for a late evening trip? We meet on the N7 at the garage and head to a local windpomp at around 8pm. We should be done by 10 for 11. I have two spots in mind. Both are near or around Philidelphia.

Unless you guys want to spend a weekend in Cederberg near Algeria

That sounds great for a start, perhaps we can chat about a weekend when we meet up ?
    I may have another forum member that would be interested.

I'm really interested in the wide sky photography part - I take it we are not talking telescope territory here ?
    Safe Diving

Andy

Hi,
    Most interested from my side. When intend you to do the 8-11 thing, will gladly join.
    Johan
    Johan
    Pajero SWB 2015
    Live Life!

Also started this hobby last year and loving it. Would really love to join but in Jhb

Will subscribe please post any future trips that might be more than one night!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    That sounds great for a start, perhaps we can chat about a weekend when we meet up ?
    I may have another forum member that would be interested.

I'm really interested in the wide sky photography part - I take it we are not talking telescope territory here ?
    We can talk telescopes but it's not the plan for now. We can start with wide field. If anyone is interested in shooting through a telescope I'll happily talk about that for hours too. Not like my girlfriend listens to me about that anyway

Depending on the weather, is anyone keen on this weekend?

Sunday would be the better day for me, I'm hiking Victoria Peak in Jonkershoek on Saturday and will most likely be a bit knackered .............

Got an 8mm f1.8 FE lens last week which I'm very keen to test out.
    Safe Diving

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Spyker83 View Post
    Hi There,

Would any members be interested in an Astrophotography trip? I've been doing wide field and deep sky images for a bit and I'd be happy to share some knowledge and tips with anyone wanted to learn. I'm based in Cape Town so it will have to be near here.

W
    Spyker

I somehow missed your post, I was travelling at the time.

I am keen to do some more astrophotography, I have done a bit in the Cederberg, limited results, perhaps my editing skills let me down. I am going to the Namaqua Nat Park, Kwass se Baai, this weekend, but would like to join you on another occasion, so I will monitor this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Sunday would be the better day for me, I'm hiking Victoria Peak in Jonkershoek on Saturday and will most likely be a bit knackered .............

Got an 8mm f1.8 FE lens last week which I'm very keen to test out.
    I've got a samyang/rokinon 8mm FE and 16mm. The 8mm is little too wide IMO. Tye 16 F2 is perfect for a crop sensor. The 14 gave me too much barrel distortion

I'll keep the option open for this weekend until tomorrow. If its a bust we move it. I'm in Cederberg at the observatory the weekend of the 30th of anyone wants to join there.

I've got a samyang/rokinon 8mm FE and 16mm. The 8mm is little too wide IMO. Tye 16 F2 is perfect for a crop sensor. The 14 gave me too much barrel distortion

I'll keep the option open for this weekend until tomorrow. If its a bust we move it. I'm in Cederberg at the observatory the weekend of the 30th of anyone wants to join there.
    The Cederberg option sounds very good, I will confirm later.

I have both the 14 mm and the 24 mm Rokinon. Haven't used the 24 mm much. Here is a shot that I took at Sanddrif when we were in the Cederberg earlier this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I want the 24mm so badly.

so we'll skip this weekend. Next time I'm out is the weekend of 29 and 30 September in Cederberg. Saturday is public night so feel free to join at the observatory.

Umm just hoping onto this now.

When are you actually wanting to possibly set up a meet ?

Will you be able to confirm on which date for a night ? Coming from Somerset West it will be a bit of a drive for an evening - but just need confirmation of a date.

EDIT: I see mention is made of a weekend in the Cedaberg. Is this still in planing phase?
    Last edited by Slowones; 1 Week Ago at 10:40 AM. Reason: Additional Info

I will be in cederberg on 30 September weather dependent

I'm no longer going to Cederberg the 30th. I'm available for a trip near Cape Town that night for anyone interested.

I'm no longer going to Cederberg the 30th. I'm available for a trip near Cape Town that night for anyone interested.
    Now I don't have to feel bad to tell you that my wife informed me that we have a social engagement on the 30 th in Cape Town and I will not be able to go up to the Cederberg. I took some night time pics, stills at 25-30 secs and very long exposures 6500 secs, at Kwass se Baai this past weekend, still have to edit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast