Mintys Tyres poor service

Default Mintys Tyres poor service

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion on a matter.

Last week Wednesday I got new Tyres and wheels fitted to my pajero, as soon as I got on the highway felt like one of the wheels hadn't be balanced was shuddering dangerously.

I called mintys in pretoria and they said come in to check it out. So the 1st time I went in it took them 2:40 minutes to fit the rims and Tyres, this second time I'm waiting an hour and no one had touched the vehicle. So I say to the owner can we get a move one.

30 minutes later I'm told I need spigot rings and he will have them made. Oh and by the way we snapped one of your studs in the hub.

A week later I'm driving around with a dangerous car with one snapped lug bolt. Was promised this week by Monday it would be sorted. Today I call and still nothing.

Am I wrong in thinking I should ask for a refund?

Cheers

Euan

Default Re: Mintys Tyres poor service

I would ask for refund,
    I had new wheels and tyres fitted at the randburg branch. And wheel alignment technician made a small dent in my fender with the wheel alignment machine by turning the wheels to much forcing the clamps to touch my fenders. A few months later I got a screw in the tyre, took it too TWT and they showed me the tyre got damaged inside wall while trying to mount it too the rim. I don't have confidence in Mintys.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenJustin For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to update this thread

Mintys Pretoria Beware

I would like to share my experience with Mintys Pretoria in the attempt to warn people to avoid their horrific service and possibly endangering your family's life by trusting them with your vehicle. Two weeks ago I bought new rims and Dunlop at3s, after two hours thirty minutes they finished installing the new wheels.

On driving home 110kph+ I experienced a violent shudder throughout the whole car on the highway. I then called the owner and said I think possibly they may have forgotten to balance one of the wheels.

2 days later I arrive and mintys and after about 40 minutes the mintys is owner tells me rims required spigot rings, he has measured and will order them for me. Another 20 minutes pass and I approach the car to find out why it's taking so long to refit one wheel.

I see the technician has snapped one of the bolts on the wheel hub and also scratched the brand new rims badly in the process.

The owner tells me he will order the spigot rings and fix the snapped hub bolt when I return. Over a week later eventually I'm told the spigot rings have arrived. An hour after arriving I am told the rings are fitted however they cannot fix the broken hub bolt and I should take it to Mitsubishi and they will pay for the replacement. Oh and also the previous bolts they fitted were not correct so they changed all of them.

Yet again on driving home I get a violent shudder in the car. This time having lost all faith in Mintys and wanting a car that's actually drivable I take my car to Tiger wheel & Tyre Silverlakes, on arrival I give the instruction I'd like to balance all 4 wheels. 15 minutes later I'm told buy one of the management that my car is not fit to be on the road and is a danger.

The reason my car was shaking violently is that 3 bolts one on one front wheels was spinning and could not be tightened due to it being stripped.

I ask the manager of Tiger wheel and Tyre to speak to the owner of mintys to confirm this with him, Mintys then tried to put the blame on Tiger wheel and Tyre and hung up.

To summarize I have a vehicle with 7 completely stripped bolts, 1 wheel which cannot be removed due to the bolts just spinning, 1 snapped bolt and scratched rims.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swazi85 For This Useful Post:

Mintys are cheap for a reason.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

"Rattle-gun" carnage!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 373 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    "Rattle-gun" carnage!
    yep

uneducated person in charge of an air tool
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    yep

uneducated person in charge of an air tool
    That's why I attend the work they do on my vehicle, regardless of what the notice on the wall says.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 373 000 km)

I think in fairness to Mintys, not all branches are as bad as the one OP had the misfortune of dealing with.

We bought 4 Toyo Proxys SUV tyres from the Umhlanga branch and the service was perfectly fine, as was the workmanship. (Mintys are the only people who stock Toyo as far as i know and they were way more reasonable than the equivalent Continental or Pirelli)
    Last edited by Quirky; 2017/06/22 at 03:15 PM.
    "I am a hypocrite but i try not to be..."

Quote Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
    I think in fairness to Mintys, not all branches are as bad as the one OP had the misfortune of dealing with.

We bought 4 Toyo Proxys SUV tyres from the Umhlanga branch and the service was perfectly fine, as was the workmanship. (Mintys are the only people who stock Toyo as far as i know and they were way more reasonable than the equivalent Continental or Pirelli)
    I tend to agree with you, however I did give the owner the chance to resolve this matter. They were perfectly happy for me to drive around in an unsafe 4x4.