Searching For Campsites,Backpackers,Places Of Interest, Mountain Passes And Eateries - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Default Searching For Campsites,Backpackers,Places Of Interest, Mountain Passes And Eateries

Hi Gerhard,we were on our way to Maphelane towing the Echo and I actually heard the bearing let go, but we were in a dangerous part of the N2,so we tried to get to a safe area.I literally had to try and keep some momentum whilst listening to the engine destroying itself....very sad, but a modern day reality....an engine can be replaced, but lives not. I think the damage was probably exacerbated by the fact that we were towing and 35 degree heat.

The motor has done 325k , and has a new head, injectors and turbo internals, so I was hoping to get another 100k out of it.....
    Last edited by Markus and Zelda; 5 Days Ago at 08:51 PM.

Default Re: Searching For Campsites,Backpackers,Places Of Interest, Mountain Passes And Eater

Aaah. I cannot imagine what that sounded like! Glad you guys are okay and that you still enjoyed the weekend away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerhard_H For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Searching For Campsites,Backpackers,Places Of Interest, Mountain Passes And Eater

Markus, Maphelane is indeed a special place, made even more special when shared with great company like yourselves.

I think you deserve a medal for still going after the car trouble.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaan van Wyk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Markus and Zelda View Post
    Thank you very much....will give it a whirl after silly season.....it looks really stunning....how many people do the cabins sleep?
    I think there are about 5 cabins, but not at sure, out cabim was a 2 sleeper, not sure what we did wuth the kids. (Old kids)
    Martin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7