Importing goods for resale - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Importing goods for resale

Just be careful if goods are electrical and fall under NRCS applicable codes. LOA's are then required and goods need to be tested by SABS or supplied with IEC certification - for which you will still need an LOA. This takes some time, and it can happen that customs wont release goods without the LOA's (Letter of Authority)

Quote Originally Posted by BomberH View Post
    Hi
    You will need to get an Importer and Exporter code from SARS (Get the exporter at the same time incase you want to resell offshore)
    You will need all your VAT ,Tax in order if you don't have VAT number I strongly suggest you get as there is lots of Vat involved
    All products should have a commodity code ,ask your supplier, the do the checks I have the Business Blue Book for the customs tariffs codes which will give you the duty you will need to pay depending on the products source ,different duties for EU compared to China etc.
    I would suggest that you set up an account with a clearing /forwarding agent so that they can sort all the costs and charges quickly otherwise they will not work until you have paid upfront.
    When you are paying your supplier you will need to produce a SAD500 that will need to tie in with the amounts that you have paid this comes from SARS/Customs and your shipper will supply keep these on file with the relevant shipment SARS wants to know that you are actually paying for goods and not just sending money overseas the bank will also require this to tie up the BOP (Balance of payment) requirements
    KEEP ALL PAPERWORK incase SARS comes knocking one day then it is easy to prove what you have bought and sold
    What he said...also need to ensure you have letters of authority (LOA)for imported goods that require the SABS approval like Power suppliers including two pin chargers and anything that works on WiFi or BlueTooth or or RF of any sort needs ICASA approvals with stickers or else the CBCU will stop and embargo the goods. LOA takes minimum of 90 days to get. Good Luck
    Birder

Honda CRV 2016
    Honda CRV 2006
    Swambo 1997 Toyota Corolla 1.3
    < 100k Km

Chat to me if you would like for me to add your products to my website. As long as it isn't competing with Norton's products it should be fine.

(My website is offline at the moment, busy finalizing a completely new look & feel and product line for 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanator View Post
    Eish Tony, not many people that can say they doing the minister...
    Last edited by Tony Weaver; 2017/01/12 at 04:25 PM.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

Quote Originally Posted by albertvl View Post
    Chat to me if you would like for me to add your products to my website. As long as it isn't competing with Norton's products it should be fine.

(My website is offline at the moment, busy finalizing a completely new look & feel and product line for 2017)
    Thanks VERY MUCH!

I'll keep that in mind.
    Franz

Land Rover Discovery II V8 slow & thirsty
    Venter Bush Baby with a few extras
    Chev Utility Club 1.8 the workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Flagster View Post
    Thanks VERY MUCH!

I'll keep that in mind.
    Shap

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    Just be careful if goods are electrical and fall under NRCS applicable codes. LOA's are then required and goods need to be tested by SABS or supplied with IEC certification - for which you will still need an LOA. This takes some time, and it can happen that customs wont release goods without the LOA's (Letter of Authority)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birder View Post
    What he said...also need to ensure you have letters of authority (LOA)for imported goods that require the SABS approval like Power suppliers including two pin chargers and anything that works on WiFi or BlueTooth or or RF of any sort needs ICASA approvals with stickers or else the CBCU will stop and embargo the goods. LOA takes minimum of 90 days to get. Good Luck
    Luckily non of the above.

A forum member did contact me per PM and we are going to chat soon.
    Franz

Land Rover Discovery II V8 slow & thirsty
    Venter Bush Baby with a few extras
    Chev Utility Club 1.8 the workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Weaver View Post
    I'm just doing the minister - the A-team was in Inchanga, Hammarsdale and Valley of the 1000 Hills yesterday, and in Joburg today with the big industry and union players there.
    I heard they visited Hammarsdale yesterday. They would have had to get in line, every tinpot politician in the province was lining up to add their 2c worth. Nothing like a Sunday paper headline to attract the leeches.

So, did Red Rob say "oh f%#k, it's Tony Weaver"?
    If you think you're the cleverest person in the room then you're in the wrong room"

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    I heard they visited Hammarsdale yesterday. They would have had to get in line, every tinpot politician in the province was lining up to add their 2c worth. Nothing like a Sunday paper headline to attract the leeches.
    So, did Red Rob say "oh f%#k, it's Tony Weaver"?
    Naah, he said "did you enjoy Geoff's birthday?" (mutual friend...) Which Sunday paper headlined the story? We've been researching it since late last year (sorry about the short thread hijack guys).
    Last edited by Tony Weaver; 2017/01/12 at 06:22 PM.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Weaver View Post
    I'm just doing the minister
    I certainly hope not, you should know better!
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2