Buying a 4x2 or 4x4 ---Please help - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Buying a 4x2 or 4x4 ---Please help

Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    We all hate to admit it, but for most people it makes more sense to have a sensible sedan for 95% of your travels and commutes and then rent a 4x4 for the times you will actually need it.

Wanting a 4x4 is a completely different matter and there is nothing wrong with that. Life is not all about saving every last cent. You might as well enjoy life while you can.
    I'd like to see what sedan legally seats 7.........which is the OP's requirement.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

The OP stated in his initial posting that he would consider a Fortuner but will not be able to afford a low-mileage vehicle. Which brings me to a question that may not have a good answer.

If assuming a modern 2.5 / 2.8 / 3.0 l diesel motor (as found in all Jap bakkies and SUV's nowadays) that is always serviced as per schedule by the agents, even after expiry of motorplan & warrantee, the vehicle is driven in a proper fashion and also not including items like alternators and starter motors that will fail - what ( km wise ) would the life expectancy of these motors be?

PLEASE, this is not about your brand of choice as they are all inherently good these days - but a question which should have very direct bearing on the OP's ultimate choice.

It may have been discussed a lot - do not know - but should have interesting answers.

For me - I reckon if you get 500 000 km before the motor needs to be opened you are par for the course. Turbo replacement probably looms around 300 000 km?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Talking Re: Buying a 4x2 or 4x4 ---Please help

Just an update guys i have purchased a Ford everest 4x4 at which i this will meet my requirements and i did get a good deal on it.Thanks for all the help!!!!

no picture, it didn't happen hahahahahah
    Isuzu KB300 2012 Auto - King
    Toyota Rav4 - Queen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mxiki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    Just an update guys i have purchased a Ford everest 4x4 at which i this will meet my requirements and i did get a good deal on it.Thanks for all the help!!!!
    Congratulations and many happy holidays! I agree, pics please!
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jens78 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    You won't be sorry. My wife's cousin has had two and he loved them both. I don't know your year or model, but the new shape is absolutely gorgeous.

Now you have an endless list of opportunities available to you on routes that you can travel. In South Africa we have numerous stunning mountain passes, and a good wack of them require a 4x4. Go visit http://www.mountainpassessouthafrica.co.za/ to see for yourself. In fact, I have a deal with my family, and that is that every time we go on holiday, we do one route to, or from our destination that is on a gravel road or mountain pass, completely off the main routes... My kids love it, and you will find new appreciation for our beautiful country. Not too even mention Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Mozambique.... Your options are now literally endless

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Loams For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_142153.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	435877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_142159.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	435878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_142225.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	435879

Thanks Guys this is big brown my first 4x4..

Talking Re: Buying a 4x2 or 4x4 ---Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Loams View Post
    You won't be sorry. My wife's cousin has had two and he loved them both. I don't know your year or model, but the new shape is absolutely gorgeous.

Now you have an endless list of opportunities available to you on routes that you can travel. In South Africa we have numerous stunning mountain passes, and a good wack of them require a 4x4. Go visit http://www.mountainpassessouthafrica.co.za/ to see for yourself. In fact, I have a deal with my family, and that is that every time we go on holiday, we do one route to, or from our destination that is on a gravel road or mountain pass, completely off the main routes... My kids love it, and you will find new appreciation for our beautiful country. Not too even mention Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Mozambique.... Your options are now literally endless
    Will definitely look at it.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2