For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery - Page 2




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanked: 1467

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Sold!!
    Oh well, that's one itch I don't have to worry about anymore.

    Pity though.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4

    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. . . . The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,644
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    You will not be sorry Fluffy - congrats!

    Once you enter the world of brewing our own beer, you will buy beer at the DW with a heavy heart
    Jacques

    2013 Amarok BiTDi DC 4Motion
    2011 Conqueror Comfort

    Sold - 2004 Isuzu KB300 DC (was only 4x2 but a happy 240000km and 9 years)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,724
    Thanked: 119

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Rubbish beer and not CRAFT, just INDEPENDENT

    But WTF do I know anyway.
    Their stuff is SHITE!

    Have you tried their supposed IPA? It is not a terrible Lager.
    Honda Civic EXi FN2

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Oh well, that's one itch I don't have to worry about anymore.

    Pity though.
    Do you want me to keep an eye out?
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Their stuff is SHITE!

    Have you tried their supposed IPA? It is not a terrible Lager.
    Sorry, I don't know enough about beer to have a proper opinion. Apparently SAB and Nam Breweries is all you ever need.
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,724
    Thanked: 119

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Sorry, I don't know enough about beer to have a proper opinion. Apparently SAB and Nam Breweries is all you ever need.
    Nope it goes: All you need is love. Close enough though.
    Honda Civic EXi FN2

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    @ Rolf

    Please provide feedback on the IPA as per the following:

    - is it an American IPA, an English IPA, or a Speciality IPA?
    - what is the aroma, appearance, flavour, and mouthfeel?
    - what specific inappropriate characteristics are present?

    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,724
    Thanked: 119

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    @ Rolf

    Please provide feedback on the IPA as per the following:

    - is it an American IPA, an English IPA, or a Speciality IPA?
    No idea what it is supposed to be. They use "specially selected Belgian Malts" with no mention of hops so I would then have to classify it as a Speciality IPA then based on their own description.

    - what is the aroma, appearance, flavour, and mouthfeel?
    Caramel, sweet malt aroma with no real hint of hops or any fruityness whatsoever. Medium bodied mouthfeel with predominantly malty sweetness and some hop bitterness.

    - what specific inappropriate characteristics are present?
    Well it tastes exactly like a Lager and aside from the colour being appropriate for an IPA nothing else is from my point of view.

    We have previously been over the whole BJCP thing. Without being too specific, the Firebird is not an IPA.
    Honda Civic EXi FN2

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    We have previously been over the whole BJCP thing. Without being too specific, the Firebird is not an IPA.
    you're no fun
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanked: 1467

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Do you want me to keep an eye out?
    Yes please.

    So I was so super keen , but for the reasons listed, space and transport, let this one slip.

    So last night we had a lekker supper in a place and had some lekker local craft beer.

    That's when my son says, "hey dad, what you say we start brewing some craft beer". He's a bit of a craft beer fanatic and knows and has visited many of the local breweries in our area. As an architect he even understands the whole "space and environment" story. Now he is no teenager, he is an almost middle aged with a head and a brain and a taste for the good things in life.

    So I tell him about this brewery I nearly bought. "Ag no man dad". After bending over and kicking myself in the butt a couple of times he ads some boot. Idiot.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4

    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. . . . The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Yes please.

    So I was so super keen , but for the reasons listed, space and transport, let this one slip.

    So last night we had a lekker supper in a place and had some lekker local craft beer.

    That's when my son says, "hey dad, what you say we start brewing some craft beer". He's a bit of a craft beer fanatic and knows and has visited many of the local breweries in our area. As an architect he even understands the whole "space and environment" story. Now he is no teenager, he is an almost middle aged with a head and a brain and a taste for the good things in life.

    So I tell him about this brewery I nearly bought. "Ag no man dad". After bending over and kicking myself in the butt a couple of times he ads some boot. Idiot.
    OK so before we go any further........

    The two B's

    Budget
    Batch size

    You need to decide NOW how much beer you want to make at a time, where you will ferment it, where and how you will store it.

    This immediately has an impact on budget.

    Then: how complex a system do you want? Do you want ultra simple manual-hand-on or push-button walk-away type brewing?

    This has a further impact on budget.
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanked: 1467

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    OK so before we go any further........

    The two B's

    Budget
    Batch size

    You need to decide NOW how much beer you want to make at a time, where you will ferment it, where and how you will store it.

    This immediately has an impact on budget.

    Then: how complex a system do you want? Do you want ultra simple manual-hand-on or push-button walk-away type brewing?

    This has a further impact on budget.
    Basically what SimonB was offering. Budget and brew size.

    Manual hands-on, own consumption me and family friends.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4

    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. . . . The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Basically what SimonB was offering. Budget and brew size.

    Manual hands-on, own consumption me and family friends.
    OK got it. 46L and R12k.

    I'll keep an ear to the ground. But that was a helluva bargain.
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanked: 1467

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    OK got it. 46L and R12k.

    I'll keep an ear to the ground. But that was a helluva bargain.
    I know.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4

    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. . . . The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    716
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    @Fluffy - might I suggest you Google "Grainfather"
    I was very interested in Simon's system too and that got me thinking... and I bought a Grainfather.
    Batch size is up to about 25L, down to 7L.
    Great kit at a reasonable price.
    To argue with a person that has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Schäfer For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanked: 1467

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Schäfer View Post
    @Fluffy - might I suggest you Google "Grainfather"
    I was very interested in Simon's system too and that got me thinking... and I bought a Grainfather.
    Batch size is up to about 25L, down to 7L.
    Great kit at a reasonable price.
    Thanks, busy googling.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4

    If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. . . . The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

  18. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,540
    Thanked: 1968

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Thanks, busy googling.
    While you're busy, google "Braumeister".
    4x4AG : GP0314-NW : EXPIRED
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP
    Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
    Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
    Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
    Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
    Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
    Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •