For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,254
    Thanked: 37

    Default For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Gutted to sell this brewery, but the details are here:

    http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...5769#post15769

    R12000 negotiable.
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!


    Cape Town Weather and Imagery

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Bad news Simon. Have you tried Southyeasters as well?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,254
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Bad news Simon. Have you tried Southyeasters as well?
    It's on their FB page
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!


    Cape Town Weather and Imagery

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanked: 2193

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Gutted to sell this brewery, but the details are here:

    http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...5769#post15769

    R12000 negotiable.
    PLEASE PLEASE, do not take this as an insult or a joke.

    Is it feasible to make decent beer at home with a setup like this.

    Assuming you drink lots of beer and allow say 5 years to depreciate the Capitol, how would it compare to buying SAB beer. In my case Castle Lite.

    ------------------

    No jokes please guys, I'm serious.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE, do not take this as an insult or a joke.

    Is it feasible to make decent beer at home with a setup like this.

    Assuming you drink lots of beer and allow say 5 years to depreciate the Capitol, how would it compare to buying SAB beer. In my case Castle Lite.

    ------------------

    No jokes please guys, I'm serious.

    yes it is entirely feasible that you can brew something better than you could buy at a craft pub

    How does around R8.00 a liter sound?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oudtshoorn
    Age
    46
    Posts
    79
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Home brewed beer should not be compared to SAB products, in quality or price.

    You CAN brew cheaper beer, like a SMASH (single malt and single hops) for example, which will be cheaper and better quality than the SAB offerings. But for me, and I suppose for a lot of home brewers out there, the aim of home brewing is to produce a quality product and to brew beer types that are not readily available over the counter. And to experiment of course.

    It is a very, very rewarding hobby

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanked: 2193

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by RowanP View Post
    Home brewed beer should not be compared to SAB products, in quality or price.

    You CAN brew cheaper beer, like a SMASH (single malt and single hops) for example, which will be cheaper and better quality than the SAB offerings. But for me, and I suppose for a lot of home brewers out there, the aim of home brewing is to produce a quality product and to brew beer types that are not readily available over the counter. And to experiment of course.

    It is a very, very rewarding hobby

    I think I would be good at it. Spent most of my life in product development. I was especially good at test and evaluation.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    37
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    wow Simon, what a setup.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I think I would be good at it. Spent most of my life in product development. I was especially good at test and evaluation.
    as long as you understand that brewing is 90% cleaning and 10% waiting.............
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,254
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    yes it is entirely feasible that you can brew something better than you could buy at a craft pub

    How does around R8.00 a liter sound?
    Fluffy. Depending on the beer the costs of ingredients vary between R7.00 and R15.00 a litre.

    Say 10 batches a year, conservatively, you're looking at 200 liters, translating to around R2000 a year. R2000 buys you about 11 cases of castle (around 88 liters). Now compare that to craft which costs often well over R100 per liter in the shops, and often that craft is not great.

    I don't factor depreciation. it was the fun in building it that was worth the money. That being said you can brew with much simpler, cheaper kit.
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!


    Cape Town Weather and Imagery

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Yes you CAN brew with simpler, cheaper kit (like I do).

    But if you're into precise process control and reproducing beers consistently then Simon's system is perfect.

    As we both said: a simple single malt beer is around R7.00 a liter. And even then with some small extra techniques like decoction and stepped mashing, you'll get flavours out of a lager or blond ale you never thought possible.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    King Williams Town
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,478
    Thanked: 455

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    For four brewed beers bought at Tops called " NINE INCHES" it cost me R120-00. I just wanted to taste a craft beer...bloody expensive
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    For four brewed beers bought at Tops called " NINE INCHES" it cost me R120-00. I just wanted to taste a craft beer...bloody expensive
    Rubbish beer and not CRAFT, just INDEPENDENT

    But WTF do I know anyway.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanked: 2193

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    as long as you understand that brewing is 90% cleaning and 10% waiting.............
    Bev loves cleaning, and I've got so much patience I can work up a sweat watching paint dry.

    ---------------

    I'm am rather keen, but faced with two major logistical problems.

    Getting that much stuff from Cape Town to Durban, and I don't have the space for a brewery. Well not until April anyway, my daughter and her husband and my grand daughter are busy camping out here, complete with their entire house contents while their new house is being built.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,400
    Thanked: 363

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE, do not take this as an insult or a joke.

    Is it feasible to make decent beer at home with a setup like this.

    Assuming you drink lots of beer and allow say 5 years to depreciate the Capitol, how would it compare to buying SAB beer. In my case Castle Lite.

    ------------------

    No jokes please guys, I'm serious.
    A man after my own heart - except it should be Windhoek lager or draught!!!!
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    A man after my own heart - except it should be Windhoek lager or draught!!!!
    Then a brewery isn't for you

    Brewing craft beer is for people with a palate.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,400
    Thanked: 363

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Then a brewery isn't for you

    Brewing craft beer is for people with a palate.
    Ouch!!!

    But , believe it or not, I DO enjoy a GOOD craft beer.

    Umm ... VERY occasionally because they COST!
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post

    But , believe it or not, I DO enjoy a GOOD craft beer.

    Umm ... VERY occasionally because they COST!
    That's why we Brew Our Own
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:


  20. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11,254
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Sold!!
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!


    Cape Town Weather and Imagery

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    24,819
    Thanked: 3186

    Default Re: For Sale - Complete Recirculating Electric BIAB Brwery

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Sold!!
    So, do we know the new owner?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •