Vehicle Recovery - When Stolen

Default Vehicle Recovery - When Stolen

Not the true aim of this forum section, but a recovery is a recovery non the less.
    Interesting article here: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...-place-7272931

How many of you have a tracker device in your bakkie?
    T6 Facelift 2.2 DC 4x4
    RhinoCab Canopy
    OTMecca Bushy
    ----------------------------------------------
    et ego non sum de ovibus

Default Re: Vehicle Recovery - When Stolen

From my experience when my vehicle was stolen on 04 Dec 2016. The tracking company i used was useless. I had the early warning system activated however there response time was 1h30m and the tracker was deactivated by the crooks within 30min from being stolen.

Once the tracking unit is disabled there is nothing that can be done. They circulate the alert but that is it. The SAPS will not organise a road block and have no way to detect the vehicle via cameras if the plates have been changed.

SAPS took 2 hours too get to my flat even tho they are only 5 min drive away.

So my suggestion will be to try and speak to people who have had their vehicle stolen but recovered by the actual tracking company. That might be a good poll or thread to start.

Pls note there are some tracking companies out there that provide fantastic service however the company that I was with is useless.
    Ashley

Toyota Hilux Dakar 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 (2013)
    Toyota Hilux 2.7VVTi D/C (2006) - Sold

FWIW, we are with Matrix . But years ago SWAMBO had a LWB diesel Datsun (broke the heart of every Zuluboy in Halfway House when she sold it), with a hydraulic brakelock. It usually got about a block away each time stolen

I was hijacked in Glen Austin in my Rexton, 3kms from home. Was cancelling credit cards and halfway thru my coffee when Matrix phoned and said its at Tembisa Mall, can I collect with spare keys. By the time I got there, fingerprinting was nearly complete, and Insp van Niekerk of SAPS Rapid Response had written up a neat and literate statement for me to fill in the gaps and take to Midrand SAPS for a M(?) no

I phoned 112 and was put thru to Tracker by the confused operator, but Tracker patched me to Matrix, who were monitoring my vehicle, as I had pushed panic. Totally professional and reassuring

Which is we have everything on Matrix
    Sephulamthetho (Cory Voigt)
    'The cut worm forgives the plough'

Quote Originally Posted by ash007 View Post
    From my experience when my vehicle was stolen on 04 Dec 2016. The tracking company i used was useless. I had the early warning system activated however there response time was 1h30m and the tracker was deactivated by the crooks within 30min from being stolen.

Pls note there are some tracking companies out there that provide fantastic service however the company that I was with is useless.
    Hi Ashley,

Sounds like the Netstar EWS - I have similar one and really not impressed with the product. Not sure if it is a dysfunctional unit, but it is a couple hours delayed as you point out and 80% has me in the wrong location!

I don't get phoned when the EWS alarm is activated either. Call Centre has poor response as I am trying to get to the bottom of it to try resolve.
    Wildlife, Travel and Nature fanatic, who enjoys travelling to wild places and photographing it all!
    ADMIN REMOVED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeds View Post
    Hi Ashley,

Sounds like the Netstar EWS - I have similar one and really not impressed with the product. Not sure if it is a dysfunctional unit, but it is a couple hours delayed as you point out and 80% has me in the wrong location!

I don't get phoned when the EWS alarm is activated either. Call Centre has poor response as I am trying to get to the bottom of it to try resolve.
    Hi

No its not Netstar. It was with Matrix as a matter of fact. Did not have any issues with delay in tracking could track live perfectly after they replaced the unit Dec 2015. Issue was Matrix response time in sending a team out.
    Ashley

Toyota Hilux Dakar 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 (2013)
    Toyota Hilux 2.7VVTi D/C (2006) - Sold