My Pajero aint scared!!!!!

Default My Pajero aint scared!!!!!

I took my pajero on some crazy 4x4ing on the weekend:
    Saturday my friend had a dam on his farm with a blocked pipe, so he said he had to go up the mountain with his quad. I asked if we can do it with my Pajero he said you won't make it up the first hill BLABLABLANBLA.

Now I am a proper dutchman and you don't tune a dutchie about his dog,car or wife (in that order)so away we wen't up the first hill passed where a 2.8d colt bakkie (the old non turbo type) was parked going nowhere. I have to admit I was relieved until we went down a crazy downhill and to the start of what used to be a road. I selected low range and started going up the hill gently. This worked well until I got stuck in a rut washed away by the rain, that was still coming down in buckeds. Reverse and engage my rear diff lock, I must admit when my rear diff make that noise from the motor (pajero owners nows the sound) I get this "final countdown" music playing in my head as I now if this doesn't work my trots will be binne in my skoene. The hill starts around a 90degree corner so you cannot get enough moment before you hit it. Next best thing once you straitgen the vehicle gas it!!!!!! Whe shot up the start of the hill until I struck a "kontoer sloot" which chucks me of the road into a ripped field. I never let the throttle go and we exit the field back into the road in a split second. The traction my pajero creates with the super select in 4 low and the rear diff lock on is so impressive that my 6''5ft toyota loving friend starts giggling like a girl and grabs the moffie handle on his left. we make it up the hill down another to the ultimatehill. When i approach my friend warns me about the state of his pregnant wife and the cost of hospital bills and the amount of money I will receive if we turn around. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA jy choke nie 'n boer en sy kar nie my vriend.......check die move.

Mistake mense! Evrybody has had one of those moments that you feel invinsible and stupid at the same time. Well mine lasted about 2 nano seconds befoe I realised that I am in deep donkey mis. After taking of on the hill (read:wet boland mountain in terential rain made of ripped wet red clay) I notice my beast of a car slipping however not bothered I took it that it was from al the power of the v6 and let rip. I was still going straithg the one moment and the next I was facing 90 to my left on the side of a 2 week old pear orchard on a 30 gegree incline!!!!

I jumped out told my friend and brother to get out as I had to access the situation (nou moes ek bid en ek het want dis al hoe ek hier gaan uitkom).
    The rear of the car was 10 meters from a drop of the right was facing the way we came and the nose the orchard.

After much thinking and stressing I decided to engage diff lock in 4 hi and try reverse out whilst rurning uphill and turning left. The cars started sliding downhill and then my gaurdian angel (not engel) turned the car 270 gegrees whilst it was stationary !!!!!!I have never experienced this before I engaged 4low and the car crawled down the hill and towards home.

This was a long story I know, but honestly I think the abbility of my swb pajero is crazy.The super select and 3.5 v6 combo it brilliant. I have never driven LR or Landcruiser SWB in mud or snow like on the weekend, but I must admit I think the swb helps in sticky situations.

I love my Pajero and after yesterdays snow driving it won't be sold anymore after my wife made the fatal mistake of daring me!!!!!!
    Last edited by Tau; 2008/09/01 at 03:53 PM.
    2013 Mazda BT-50 3.2 4x4 Dcab
    2010 Nissan Navara Kingcab
    1999 Uri 2.4 (yes it goes anywhere)
    Infanta Safari trailer.

Now I want a smoke!
    You're a great story teller!

sounds like fun.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    1999 Colt Rodeo 3.0 V6 4x4-Build
    1998 Pajero Gen 2 SWB 3.0 V6 4x4-Resurrection
    1997 Ford Ranchero Outback 4.0 - Build

SOLD
    1979 Landrover Series 3 88" Ford 3.0 V6 - Build
    1980 Landrover Range Rover 3.5 V8 - Build
    1979 Landrover S2A 109" with Chev 4.1

Ther was a oke with a big mean Land cruise station wagon stuck at the top of Theron's berg yesterday does anybody know him
    2013 Mazda BT-50 3.2 4x4 Dcab
    2010 Nissan Navara Kingcab
    1999 Uri 2.4 (yes it goes anywhere)
    Infanta Safari trailer.