jeep wrangler 2.8crd

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default jeep wrangler 2.8crd

please advise guys... i wana buy a new jeep wrangler 2.8 crd 2door. I have only been given negative feedback about jeep. Its resale is bad, having your jeep serviced in jhb is apparently a mission, jeep always have to import parts so you service might end up lasting more than a month...and also that Chrylser jeep is having financial problems and might be closing down in south africa... IS ALL THSI TRUE IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO FOR A WRANGLER 2,8 CRD PLEASE HELP

Bollocks to all! If you want one and can find stock, it's an awesome vehicle.

Andre
    4 XJs, 2 TJs, 2 KJs, 2 WJs, 2 WKs, 1 XK

2010 JKU Rubicon
    Advanced 4x4 Bumpers, Warn 9K, 285/70R17 BFG AT's

Default Jeep Wrangler

No vehicle is an investment, no matter what you drive, so buy what your hart desire.
    I have a Jeep Wrangler 2007 RUBICON 4dr.My previous vehicles where COLT , DEFENDER , HILUX , ISUZU.
    Never had a good re sail value on anny of them.

my jeep has 15000 km on the clock. so far no problems.I enjoy it a lot, most fun that i have had with a vehicle.

RIG

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Rider View Post
    please advise guys... i wana buy a new jeep wrangler 2.8 crd 2door. I have only been given negative feedback about jeep. Its resale is bad, having your jeep serviced in jhb is apparently a mission, jeep always have to import parts so you service might end up lasting more than a month...and also that Chrysler jeep is having financial problems and might be closing down in south africa... IS ALL THSI TRUE IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO FOR A WRANGLER 2,8 CRD PLEASE HELP
    Unfortunately you will hear this from most mainstream people, you more than likely got advice to buy the run of the mill double cab. People perceive a product to be bad and are notorious for bashing brands if they think it's different. I had a run in with a guy the other day because he was bashing Chrysler, what it actually boiled down to was that there was no problem with the vehicle, he just couldn't afford the spares. he now tells 10 people that Chrysler sucks and so everybody believes it.

Chrysler was bought out by a huge consortium so no it does not have financial problems. The Jeep brand will never die.

The services have always been done promptly and completely. I did have to wait 2 days for a clutch on my TJ though

As for having your Jeep serviced in JHB, it's not that bad. There is a dealership in Randburg and one in Midrand. As soon as Daimler has sorted out the franchise issue they will open a dealership on the East Rand again.

Finally, YES it is a good idea to get a JK.

Quote Originally Posted by RIG View Post
    No vehicle is an investment, no matter what you drive, so buy what your hart desire.
    Strangely enough this is probably the best advise on vehicle choice there is... If one had to buy a vehicle on logic alone, you'll be very fit with all the walking you do...

As an aside a friend had a problem with a fuel sensor on her 4.0 Overland... took 2 weeks to fix, and when it WAS fixed, they couldn't get it off the lift because of a power failure
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Cape Town Weather and Imagery

will buy it if I have half a chance
    Property developers: Domestic and commercial. Foundation to finished product.
    Security products: CCTV [HD] ,Dash cams, Electric fencing, Gates, Automation.
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application modifications
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive and Security drivers training worldwide
    herman@angeloffroad.co.za
    +27824453301

Default 46,000km on CRD

I have 46,000km on my CRD bought in 2008 and have had no problems with it so far. I service it at Jeep East Rand as I live in Bedford gardens and their service is great. Its also my only vehicle so I use it as a daily driver as well.

I like the 460Nm available, 10km/l and traction control.

Some things I dont like about it but which can be fixed:
    - bouncing bonnet its just not secured properly
    - the driver door rattles some times
    - turbo lag u put your foot down flat and it hesitates before jumping wildly
    - the standard ground clearance on the Auto is not that lekker
    - standard bumpers especially the front is kind of long
    - the on-road handling is also not that great above
    - u need a second person if u are using the hardtop & want to take it off/on
    Wrangler Unlimited CRD, Zone Offroad 3" lift, Daystar hood latches, JKA bumper, Spots,

go get it... find one that has been pre-owned that way you will get more JEEP for your money
    Live without limits

I've had mine for 33 000km's and I still love every minute of driving it. The diesel is awesome - just crawls over everything. Even sold my XT350 as it was never ridden anymore after I got the Wrangler. Buying a Wrangler is a decision you make with your heart not your head.

PD - use two way tape with ducktape over it on the catch of the door hinge and the big bumper is for picnics or for your wife to lie on when you take pics of your Jeep.
    Jacques Pienaar

Wrangler Unlimited Sahara CRD
    Peugeot 5008 (Swambo's)
    Lycan 29"MTB 27spd (When I'm broke)
    Jurgens XT140

Ek het nou 63000km op myne en geniet elke oomblik daarvan. Ek het ook nog net puik diens ontvang van agente. Koop een as jy kan!
    08 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.8 Aut.
    Startrek front & rear bumper, Safari snorkel, Warn Winch, 33x12.5 Coopers STT on Micky Thompson Wheels, 50mm Cage Spacer Lift etc.
    08 Suzuki Jimny

Just one question: How many wranglers do you find secondhand, currently in PE zero, that must mean something. Buy one you will not find a better vehicle.
    Isuzu KB300 D-teq auto 4x4 D/Cab
    1996 Nissan Patrol.........To be continued!!

Andre Thuynsma

Some things I dont like about it but which can be fixed:
    - bouncing bonnet its just not secured properly
    http://www.zoneoffroad.co.za
    Jeep4Fun for Daystar hood latches. No more flutter with these.

- the driver door rattles some times
    Easy to fix. Either get the dealership to apply their magic grease, or use a bit of clear pipe, cut over and stuck over the latch.

DASHCAMS AVAILABLE IN THE ONLINE SHOP!
    R1995.00 including courier delivery and Micro32gig SD card.
    EFT and Credit Card payments available.
    Click here to purchase.

There is a secondhand 4dr at Maritime Motors.
    Jacques Pienaar

Wrangler Unlimited Sahara CRD
    Peugeot 5008 (Swambo's)
    Lycan 29"MTB 27spd (When I'm broke)
    Jurgens XT140

Default Looking a Wrangler to buy

Hi All

I am looking for Jeep Wrangler 2.8 CRD or 3.8 Petrol to buy. preferably Sahara model. not more that 50000km on the clock.

Consider a new one.

The Rubi V6 is a good deal. +R15 000 Mopar acces.

Mopar Cold Air Intake and Decat aparently gives it a great ROAR!

I like the diesel torque though.

2005 Forester XT.

Ex Prodrive Forester, Ex 2.5 X -

Just with regard resale values, I saw wranglers have very good resale value, outstripping the Merc, BMW and most other brands!!! I will try dig up the info, I think I posted it else where on the forum.
    2002 Nissan Patrol 4.2Td. Body lift, 5cm OME lift 33inch Cooper SST, Burnco bumpers.

Platkar:2002 BMW M5, 2002 M Coupe and 1985 635csi
    SWAMBO: BMW X5 3.0D
    Talk softly, carry a BIG stick
    Ex: Jeep Cherokee XJ 2.5Td

you cant go wrong with a jeep

Default Jeep Rubicon Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?p=1578012
    In case you missed this article...

Four Wheeler Magazine Editors Name Jeep(R) Wrangler Rubicon Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade

- Four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hailed as Most Significant 4x4 -

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ --

* Four Wheeler editors refer to creation of four-door Wrangler as "...one of smartest product moves any automotive company has ever made"
    * Jeep Wrangler Unlimited remains the only four-door convertible on the market
    * Four-door icon delivers class-leading off-road capability, everyday practicality and open-air fun
    * Recognition comes on the heels of Jeep brand being named Top Domestic Brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com® 2010 Residual Value Study
    * Nearly 60 percent of Wrangler sales are four-door Wrangler Unlimited model

Four Wheeler magazine editors have named the Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon the Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade, while calling out the four-door Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon as the decade's most significant 4x4 vehicle.

"Jeep vehicles have earned many awards in the almost 70-year history of the iconic brand, but few have been as prestigious as these accolades from the editors at Four Wheeler magazine," said Mike Manley, President and CEO - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is clearly the most capable production vehicle on the planet, and in four-door Unlimited form, families can enjoy the combination of capability, freedom, space and comfort that only Jeep can provide."

In recognizing the 2007-present Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon as the Best 4x4 of the Decade, Four Wheeler magazine editor Doug McColloch said, "The JK (current version) Wrangler represented a big step up in on-road ride and handling for Jeep's flagship ride, yet it's off-road capability wasn't compromised in the least. If anything, it was only enhanced. Considering how competent in the dirt the previous-gen(eration) TJ was, that was no small feat for Chrysler engineers to pull off. But somehow they managed to do it, creating the decade's best four-wheel drive in the process."

In calling the 2007-present Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon the Most Significant SUV of the Decade, editor Sean Holman said, "(The decision to produce a four-door Wrangler) will probably go down in history as one of the smartest product moves any automotive company has ever made. From a Jeep customer perspective, the four-door was pure genius, opening up the sport of 'Jeeping' to families. No longer would you have to choose your kids or your gear. It also made the Jeep brand accessible to people who have always loved the idea of a Wrangler, but never thought the vehicles were large enough or functional enough to fit their lifestyle and/or needs."

The four-door Wrangler Unlimited model accounts for 59 percent of Wrangler sales.

Jeep Brand Boasts Highest Resale Value Among All Domestic Brands

Recognition from the editors at Four Wheeler magazine comes on the heels of Jeep being named the top domestic brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com® 2010 Residual Value Study.

According to the study, the Jeep brand boasts the highest resale value among all domestic brands and its vehicles will maintain 35.7 percent of their original value after five years of ownership - more than 3 percent above the industry average.

The Jeep brand resale value improves for 2010 as the industry average declines.

"This achievement is a testament to the strength and heritage of the Jeep brand," said James Bell, Executive Market Analyst - Kelley Blue Book. "The word 'Jeep' has long stood for strength, portraying the vision of what a Jeep is, and what it can do. The Wrangler has, and continues to be the backbone of this marque, drawing a strong and loyal following, helping to maintain its value."

"We are pleased that the Jeep brand has been recognized by Kelley Blue Book for earning the highest resale value among domestic brands, and that Jeep has improved significantly in a difficult year that has seen the industry decline," said Manley. "The Jeep brand's high resale value is a testament to a legendary, iconic brand that provides consumers an array of SUVs that deliver a unique blend of freedom and adventure, capability, best-in-class claims and value."

Talking about waiting for parts? My Hilux rear prop-shaft packed up and it took Toyota 2 weeks to "make a plan" guess they could not find it under every second tree in Africa?

You will love the Wrangler just know what you are buying and understand that its not some thing you would compare to a luxury 4X4 in the some way you cant not compare a luxury 4X4 to the Wrangler! There is not best of all worlds!

I am a new Jeep owner (6month) converted from 4 x LR over the years. Must say I am impressed with the 2.8 CRD Wrangler 4 Door . Bought it Second hand and it has 33000km on the clock.

I am more and more impress the longer I drive it. I will not change it for anything!!!

If you look for a second hand wrangler, there is one standing at Cornwall Hill Motors in Pretoria. Pass it this morning. Silver 2.8CRD 4 Door.

Waiting to be picked up

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast