Problems with Terios

Default Problems with Terios

Hi Everybody, I need some advice or info. I bought a new Terios LWB 4x2 in Dec 2012. I do not get very good fuel consumption under 10km/L. We had major brake shudder at 3400km and again from 12000km. I am also not happy with the road handling when driving on gravel roads. The car is all over the road especially if the road is very corrugated. Is it only me or is this stranded problems. I am busy with Daihatsu to try and sort it out. Johan Ackerman (head of Technical) is schedule to take the car for a week or 2 to see if he can find any fault with the vehicle. I have spoken to a lot of the workshop managers at different dealers and they said they do get it on some models and I should have rather bought the 4x4. What to do? Is there somebody ells that can test the car?
    Willie
    Mazda BT50 3.2 D/C 4x4
    Suzuki SX4
    Nissan Hardbody 3.3 D/C 4x4 2004 Sold
    Daihatsu Terios LWB 2012 Sold

Enjoy Live

Good luck with Johan Ackerman....that is all that i can say....

I had brake shudder at 3000 km, 15 000 km, 30 000 km at again at about 70 000 km....the first 3 was replaced under warranty.....the last was for my account....

I can write a long book on my experience on the terios LWB..... and it was not the best....

Oh yes..... I have the 4x4 model....

I really want to sell it/ trade it..... cause I am gatvol of all the issues with this car, but the current work situation does not allow it..... I have a dedicated Rustbucket(what we call the car) account as every few weeks something gives in.....currently it is the back door stopper that just suddenly broke(actually the metal just tore out) on friday..... few weeks before that first he one back seat safety belt packed up , then the next one....ect....ect.....
    Last edited by Grietje; 2014/02/19 at 04:59 PM.

Check the wheel pressure when doing gravel, I will say about 1.7 will definitely better the road handling. The other issues, sorry to hear, did not have the same.
    Pajero GLS Exceed 2014 LWB &
    Jeep Cherokee 2001 2.5 Diesel, Gone to Jeep Heaven
    Toyota Hilux, plaas bakkie
    Platkar Swambo's MB

Definitely check wheel pressure. Normally the biggest contributor towards handling of your vehicle.

Our experience with our Daihatsu Terios 7 seater LWB
    I did some research in 2012 to buy a new vehicle because my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child. We were looking for a small suv that offers us space, good fuel consumption and easy to drive in the traffic. With 3 kids and the cost of living we also had to look at price. It eventually boiled down to the Terios or the Toyota Avanza.
    I have spoken to some of our friends even some of my clients that have the Terios and the Avanza. Both these vehicles got good feedback.
    We went to test drive both the vehicles and decided on the Terios because of the looks, although the Avanza is +/- R 30000 cheaper.
    We met Andre at Daihatsu Menlyn in December 2012. We told him we in the market for a new vehicle (7 seater SUV) and need to trade in or Mazda 6. We were looking at the Terios and the criteria of our needs were as follow.
    1. Light on Fuel.
    2. It had to have good handling and ground clearance because I travel on dirt roads when we visit our family in the Karoo.
    3. Safe because it is a family car.
    4. Tow bar because we need to pull a trailer when going on holiday.
    5. Service plan.
    6. And a few other things.
    Most of our boxes were ticked because of the research and with Andre confirming everything.
    We went ahead and applied for finance. The in-house finance consultant called me and said that the finance was approved and that the installment was +/- R 1800. I was shocked because the installment was so low but grateful because of our new born on the way. We went to sign the contract and take delivery of our new car. On our arrival Andre took us to show the car was ready: tow bar fitted, fueled up and ready to go. We met with the finance guy (I think it was Jaco (temp) helping out) very nice guy, but bearer of bad news because he said the banks made a mistake with the installment. Instead of R 1800 it was R 3800 with balloon of 30%. We were shocked but also so excited with the idea of a new family car that we would need now or later. We decided to proceed with the deal. Sort off a Christmas gift to us from us.
    The other shock was after the deal was signed we were also informed that the installment of the car we traded in was also going to go off the end of December. Something to do with the system they use and that there was no one to sign the cheque to settle the car at the bank. I was not happy about it but was put at ease because we would get our money back fist thing in January 2013.
    I then should have cancelled the deal and saved myself a lot of problems and frustrations.
    January came and gone with no back payment of the installment of my trade in car and then the second installment went off. I was calling the dealership daily but only got the one excuse after the other of why the car was not settled and why they haven’t paid us back. The one department blamed the other. In the one email from Teresa she made me feel stupid because I do not understand there processes. Then I had to get bank statements to prove that the installments was deducted from my account, although they knew the car was still not settled at the bank. After going to the dealership and trying to call a meeting with the relevant parties (because then nobody can blame the other or tell me how useless the other departments are) I got my payments back.
    It went well for a while and we really enjoyed the vehicle (all though we did not get the fuel consumption stated on the windscreen sticker from day one but thought it would get better.)

On the 14/03/2013 with 3142 km I booked the car in for a very bad brake shudder. I also asked them to check the lights because they would dim if the air con comes on or if you brake. I also asked them to check the fuel consumption because we are not getting the fuel consumption as claimed.
    They said they will skim the brakes because this is their policy. I replied and said a car with 3142 km on the clock is not supposed to have this problem. It is a very bad shudder and it could have damaged the wheel bearings as well and as soon as the car is out of warranty I would have to pay for repairs. This took them 3 days to sort out because they were waiting for Daihatsu warranty department to give them feedback.
    They did not find fault with the lights and cannot do anything about the fuel consumption. In brackets is what they wrote on the Job card (Job number 23Q45040 Checked all lights & idling with aircon on. No fault found. Checked spark plugs & gaps & all engine parameters ok. Replaced front brake discs.)

The first time we traveled on a dirt road we found out that it is almost impossible to drive faster than 60 km/h and the car would start sliding sideways if the road was corrugated. I said to my wife - lets use our Nissan Hardbody 4x4 if we travel on gravel roads until we send the car for its service. Then they can have a look at what can be wrong because we bought it with one of the criteria’s to be able to travel on dirt roads (Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear Fox Hunt)
    On +/- 10000 km we started to experience a brake shudder again but I said to my wife it must wait until the car needs to go for the 15000 service, because if the brakes takes 3 days how long will it take for a service and the brakes.
    We booked the car in for the service and told the service adviser about the problems on the car.
    1. 15000 km service
    2. Driver door window makes a noise when opening and closing.
    3. Dashboard rattles
    4. Brake shudder
    5. Battle to drive control car on gravel road.
    She said I need to talk to service manager to explain everything. He called another guy and we chatted about the problems. They said that they had it before where customers complained about the handling and that they did some sort of conversion with stabilizers. They even took me to another Terios to show me what they were talking about, but said my cars diff does not have the brackets to do the conversion and they would have to speak to Johan Ackerman from After sales. I was also instructed to check the tyre pressure and keep it at 1,8 but in the service book it states 2 Bar.

This is what was on the job card.
    13/12/2013 Job number 23Q59670
    15000 km service
    Rattle on passenger side airbags repaired
    Replaced oil & oil filter
    Replaced sump washer
    Cleaned air filter
    Top up fluids
    Checked lights
    Checked & secured bolts on window regulator
    Checked and secured suspension
    Run GDS and set all values.

I got a phone call at 3 pm the same day to come and collect the car because they were done with everything. I even made a joke and said it is impossible are you sure, but needless to say I send my wife to go and collect it.
    I am very disappointed in the type of service I have received to date. I did contact customer care and they made appointment with me for next Monday 20/01/2014 after I have phoned them 3 times for answers. I still do not know what time and who will meet me at Menlyn Daihatsu.
    I do not know who to believe anymore and who not to, because everybody at Daihatsu tells us a different story. I have had a lot of cars before (15 +) and the only other brand that gave me the same kind of bad service was Citroen.
    I feel my car was built on a Friday with all the leftover parts. I feel the car is unsafe and that I put my family at risk. The cars fuel consumption is averaging 10 km/l and even went to 8 km/l this past weekend visiting my family. We were travelling on the N12 highway with my 6ft venter trailer behind. The car was bouncing so much on the uneven road my kids battled to sleep in the car. The windscreen sticker is states 8,1 L/100 km (12,35 Km/l) and not 10 L/100 km. This is at a extra cost to me at +/- R 3600 for 16000 km since we have bought the car. I really believe the sticker is there to only pay less emission taxes. I even filled up 95 octane to see if it will help with the fuel consumption. Even the lights that dim poses a problem to me because I travel to the Karoo at night and have you seem what a Koedoe can do to a car if you hit it? Needless to say it is the first car I have with this type of problem with.
    We are also concerned with chrome on the front grill that looks likes it is lifting off.
    We really like the car's looks, ride height and seat configuration, pity it is the only thing we like at this stage.
    I really hope we can sort out the problems and put everything behind us, because if we cannot I will have to consult with our attorney, Automotive Ombudsman, and a consumer protection agency.
    If you need any documentation showing my research before buying the car or my fuel consumption lock book or copies of the job cards please let me know.
    The feed back after meeting Cedric from Daihatsu:
    The fuel consumption could be because of spark plug and air filter. The window noise is from the regulator and it will need to be replaced. The handling/ suspension he would need to write a letter to Japan. The Grill will need to be replaced. The rattle in the dash he said he will sort it out. He said at first he would come and do the work were my wife work, because they did not want to cause us anymore trouble.
    The car was booked in the 5th of February 2014 to Menlyn Daihatsu to fix all the problems because these were warranty claims and this could only be done at the dealership. It took them 4days after Petro contacted me (to let me know the parts have arrived) to book the vehicle in because they could not reach Cedrick, but when I spoke to him he was not aware of this. Again I do not know who is lying or not doing their work. The car was booked in to get “fixed”. I asked them to make sure Cedrick contact me before he leaves the dealership because he was not there when I booked the vehicle in. Cedrick contacted me at 14:18 to inform me that they were still busy working on the car. The feedback from him about the fuel consumption was that he replaced the air filter but only adjusted the sparkplugs. I have asked him what happened about the promise to replace the sparkplugs. His excuse was he forgot to bring it (lame excuse because he knew we are very unhappy). I asked them why he cannot take it from the spare department and again he had more excuses for why they cannot finish the car today. I said to him that he is wasting my time. He also said they cannot do anything about the suspension because Japan does not have any available conversions. Needless to say, when I got the phone call 16:44 to tell me the car was finished and I need to collect before 17:00 or at the latest 17:15 I was not sure what to expect. Was everything done or not?
    On collection we had to wait for almost 45min because the job cards or invoice was not complete. Why do they then call you to collect the car at 16:45 if the documents are only going to be completed then and I need to wait?
    I inspected the work but also said I would like to speak to Dave about my car. I told him I am not happy about the feedback on the suspension and I not going to except that there is not a solution. It is my family that is at risk and I have spoken to other dealers and they as well as Dave confirmed that I am not the only customer complaining about this problem. The other reason I know it is a problem because nobody denied it when I started to complain or said they will test drive the car with me. This just confirms that there is a problem and it is better to just say they will look into it. If there was no suspension problems on the car everybody would have told me they cannot believe it and they will test drive the car. Up to today nobody has gone on a test drive with the car.
    They cannot do anything about the lights.
    The window is making even worse noises now and I see the tweeter cover on the door panel is broken.
    Strangely the sparkplugs was changed (were they really?) and the airfilter.
    After I have spoken to Dave he said he will take it further with Johan Ackerman and give me feedback. He also said the 4x4 does not have the problem as much. My question is why was I not made aware of this problem on the car when I bought it as I have explained the criteria of what I need from this car?
    Dave phoned me the next morning (like he promised – thanks Dave) to ask if Cedrick contacted me. I told him no, I phoned Cedrick. I also tried to get hold of Manny De Canha (on 011 398 9100) and Pedro Pereira (on 011 383 7000).Needless to say they also do not respect me as a customer because I have left messages for both of them at their secretaries but neither returned my call.
    Cedrick told me he and Johan will set up an appointment with me for the 12th of February when we spoke on the 6th. I also told him to just contact me Monday the 10th to confirm the date and time because I also run a business and need to attend to my customers. Needless to say up to today he has not contacted me to confirm the appointment.
    I told everybody I have spoken to I will not just leave this issue. There were 3 other customers on the 6th when I collected my car that told me how unhappy they are with the Imperial Group.
    Since I started with this letter the driver’s seat bolts came loose, I also on a previous occasion have to fasten the back seats bolts.
    I am not unreasonable and am fighting on the promises made by Daihatsu.
    This insert is from Daihatsu’s website under frequently asked questions.
    Is the Terios the best in fuel consumption in its vehicle category?
    Yes the Daihatsu Terios, which shares the extremely reliable and high technology Japanese designed engine as in the Daihatsu Materia and Sirion and Toyota Avenza, is very fuel-efficient. In fact the fuel economy that you can expect out of the Terios is more carlike than SUV. A fuel consumption figure of just 8.5l/100km for the manual and 8.8 l /100km for the A/T is complemented by the CO2 figures. This means that not only is the purchase price easy on your wallet but the running costs and fuel bills will be similarly easy on you. So go outdoors now in the Terios and know that you are in economical yet capable SUV

Is the CO2 emissions legislated in South Africa and if so, how does the Daihatsu product compare?
    In South Africa all vehicles must now display their fuel consumption and CO2 emissions on the windshield. Although at the moment there is no penalty for performing poorly in these, overseas there are various taxes to encourage greener (more eco friendly) driving. The Daihatsu Charade has won 5 of the last 6 total economy runs for fuel economy, and emits a whisper of CO2 (just 120g CO2/km). In fact part of the design philosophy of the Toyota owned Daihatsu, is minimal impact on the environment and Daihatsu delivers on this. Compare the stickers and see how well Daihatsu does, save the environment, drive a Daihatsu.

What is the Euro-Ncap Safety Rating on the Daihatsu range?
    Daihatsu's are sold in Europe which means that they have been Euro NCAP tested. We achieve 4 star rating for all the tested vehicles, a fantastic achievement for compact cars. In every Daihatsu particular focus is given to the passive safety features of the vehicle, that means that the car itself does the protecting through honeycomb structures near occupants, impact absorbing zones, crumple zones. These passive safety features complement the active safety measures like ABS, EBD, Brake Assist, and Airbags, which are also on Daihatsu's.

I believe the Daihatsu warranty claim rate is the lowest in the world? What makes the Daihatsu range so reliable?
    Daihatsu, as a part of Toyota, is focused on reliability as their primary concern for their vehicles. Daihatsu has won several awards both for reliability from JDPowers and Design from the German design institutions and is the top seller in Japan. The technologies in every Daihatsu is the highest level available in Japanese vehicles and are our guarantee of design and quality.
    The Daihatsu designed and built engine found in the Charade is also used in the Toyota Aygo, the Citroen C1 and the Peugeot 107. Similarly the Sirion 1.3 power plant runs the Toyota Yaris and the Sirion 1.5 engine runs the Toyota Avenza. The sharing of power plants is common from Daihatsu and Toyota as evidenced by the Daihatsu Delta running the Toyota engine and gearbox. Daihatsu and Toyota share extensive technology in Japan, as Daihatsu Japan is partly owned by Toyota Japan.

I had a meeting with the dealer principal Etienne van Blerk (as well as Jacques and Dave) on Monday the 17th of February (meeting was secluded for 15:00 but +/- 14:30 Dave called to ask if I can meet them at 16:30 because Etienne was busy. We only met at 16:45 because they were late). Etienne asked me what I want from him. I replied to say nothing, I just want to find out - if they were in my situation what would they do and would they be happy with this type of service and with a vehicle with so many problems. He suggested that I rather look at another vehicle within the groups used car network. This according to them would be a lot easier to settle all the issues. They also advised me to look at something like the Kia Sedona because they all have driven the vehicle and they could not find anything wrong with the car. I agreed to have a look at this option. We went to Alfred (sales manager Daihatsu) (that knew about the problems when I bought the car) where Etienne instructed him to assist me to get a settlement and Ronny would also assist to look for different car options. I was asked to go and look on the website and come back with options they can look at. I send a mail with 4 options the evening of the 17th. 2 Kia Sedona’s and 2 Toyota Fortuners. All the options I gave to them were more or less the same year model but had done a lot more Kilometres than my car. This was to try and assist them as well, so they did not take that big of a loss, because I am also not prepared to lose that much either. After all, I bought a new car that had problems and wanted to return the car in the first month but gave them a fair chance to sort the problems out.
    The 19th of February 2014 Etienne replied (after the second mail I send to him requesting feedback) on the deal they offered and need to structure. He said he instructed Ronny to work on the deal. I spoke to Ronny a few times with no proper feedback. I asked if it would be possible to test drive a Sedona and Ronny arranged a test drive Saturday 22nd. I asked him what was holding up the deal and why,but I received very little feedback form him. He replied he is waiting for Etienne to discuss the deal but promised me he would sort it out because Etienne just arrived at the dealership as we came back from the test drive.
    Monday the 24th I phoned Ronny to get feedback and he said he is still waiting for Etienne and he would phone me back before 11am. At 12pm I contacted him. He told me there is a shortfall of +/- R70000.00 and Etienne would like to know if he could load it onto the new car installments. I told him no, because there was never a discussion where I committed that I was going to take responsibility for everything. What happened to helping me because of all the problems? This was not help. This was simply making me pay again for Daihatsu’s problems.
    This would mean that the Sedona that cost +/- R270000.00 would cost me now R340000.00 and this for a car that has been discontinued and has got no real future value. This is the worst cover-up deal ever.
    I do not understand why my knowledge and intelligence is undermined, every time and in every way the Imperial Group does conduct business.
    Johan Ackerman collected our vehicle 26th of February 2014 to take it for the fuel and suspension tests.
    Cedric delivered the vehicle to us 4th March 2014 after the tests was done. I am awaiting the full reports but as far as I can understand they did not find any faults. Cedric told me he got 7,1 L/100Km. I told him if they are prepared to test the car with me because there is a difference of +/- 4,5km/L on what we average verse their average and the answer was know because 2 people in the car will add more weight. I replied and said it could not make a difference of 4km/l. I would understand if we average say 1,5km/l less and will understand it than.
    After Cedric left I took the car for a test drive and could immediately feel there was a difference in the suspension. I took it onto gravel a road and there was a big improvement in the stability. I thought they had to make changes to the suspension to achieve this and stopped to have a look. To my surprise nothing was changed and then I started to realise what they have done. I stopped at the fist garage and checked the tyre pressure and all 4 tyres were deflated to 1,5bar. I inflated the tyres to 2bar as stated in the specifications and we were back to the old handling problems. Driving the vehicle with under inflated tyres is only a short term solution because doing this it only creates other problems.
    I am waiting for Johan and Cedric to give me a full report on where, speed, time at what speed, length, what road surface and the time it took them to do the tests. The reason is because they are not prepared to test the vehicle with me and I want to test the vehicle on the same roads. If I do not get these results I will contact Gerrie Jonker from the AA to test the car on the same road to verify my or then there results.
    I phoned Dunlop South Africa and spoke to Lee Laurence about the vehicle and what would he recommend as alternative pressures we can run the tyres at. He advised me that there is a reason why the manufacturer will specify a specific tyre pressure and would not change it. He also advised me to try 1,9bar but nothing less than 1,8bar to see what difference it would make on the handle problems we are experiencing. The reason is running a vehicle on under inflated tyres could cause tyre damage that meant we would need to replace the tyres a lot sooner or can lead to tyre failure and accidents.
    What I expect from the Car is what Daihatsu advertise. I am not looking for anything more or less. I am also not complaining just for the sake of it, because if I was Daihatsu will test drive the car with me. I have mentioned it a few times and have asked them why they did not take the car for a test drive the first day I started to complain. Why did it have to escalate to this and me fighting in what I believe? Because they are not prepared to take me with them when they do the tests? How can I believe them if from day one they did not took me serious enough and have only given me false information. I have started to take video clips of everything and said we can record the test drive to have proper records of the results.
    If they believed in the product and they felt I am unreasonable they wouldn’t hesitate to test drive the car with me to prove me wrong. They wouldn’t have told me that they do get these problems. They wouldn’t have change parts before they have tested the vehicle. They wouldn’t have showed me conversions on other cars they have done with similar complaints. They wouldn’t have offered me a deal on another vehical. Nobody has from day one denied ever having these or similar problems on these vehicles.
    It took Cedric 4 days to get back to me with the report on the fuel consumption test after how many mails and phone calls.
    I took the car for a test drive on the same road Cedric did the test drive and got 12,87km/l. They had to change parts to improve the fuel consumption. I knew about the spark plugs and air filter they changed but cannot believe that alone will make this big of a difference. If they did something different why do they not tell me?
    To date (more than 2 weeks) Johan did not come back to me about the suspension test. I have tried to contact him and send a lot of emails but with no luck.
    This is the worst service ever and I rate the car the same.
    Sorry for using this forum to to compain
    Willie
    Mazda BT50 3.2 D/C 4x4
    Suzuki SX4

Enjoy Live

hi Willie
    i concur. the terios i believe is a good car, but the after-sales service, or should i say that lack thereof, is quite shocking!
    i have not a single good experience when visiting their service stations.
    in the old days, England sent all its convicts to Australia. nowadays, all bullsh*tters are sent to work for Imperial...

Robin
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D ID D/C P/U
    Kitted out and ready for an African safari....

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it....

I think Williie are one of the real unlucky Terio's owners. I bought mine in 2010 and 80000 km's later I did not have one single problem. I had the suspension lifted, banana branch and free flow fitted. I am also towing either a bush trailer or the Sherpa Rough Roader caravan. To date not a single problem and very good service from Helderberg Daihatsu. My Terios has also went a few places where real softies will not dare to go!
    2006 Hyundai Terracan v6
    2014 Renault Duster 4x4
    2010 Daihatsu Terios 4x4 - sold but still in the family!
    Sherpa Rough Roader caravan
    Bantam Off Road trailer

I understand that some poeple would love the car. Maybe we would have to if we had better service. There is a big difference in the 4x4 vers 4x2 suspension. The 4x4 handling is improved by a stabiliser and can not be fitted to the lwb 4x2. As I said sorry for complainig but I am gatvol for bad service and all the excuses why we need to deal with this type of service. I am also in business but we do not get paid upfront. We take a deposit and only get paid when the customer is satisfied. Where they get their money and do not really care about the rest.
    Willie
    Mazda BT50 3.2 D/C 4x4
    Suzuki SX4

Enjoy Live

Willie, I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced with your new Terios. It is truly depressing when you buy a new vehicle and it doesn't meet expectation.

The problem with the LWB is it's manufactured in Indonesia by Daihatsu and not in Japan by Toyota like the SWB. My wife has a SWB AWD and we haven't had a days trouble with the vehicle. A fried of mine has a LWB and when we compare his vehicle to my wife's SWB there is defiantly a significant difference in quality.

For starters, all the chrome on the LWB has already started the rust, and where the paint is chipped, it is also rusting. My wife's Terios has a few stone chips on the bonnet down to bare metal and there is no signs of rust. I can see the steel is electroplated, but on the 7 seater, I can't see the same.

My wife's Terios is also quite lose on gravel roads, it's quite a task to keep it in a straight line above 70 - 80kph. We average around 9.4km/l.

I find Daihatsu parts to be extremely expensive, and they don't carry spares.

Although we enjoy the Terios, I won't buy Daihatsu again...

In your case, I hope they come to the party...
    Y
    トヨタ ランドクルーザー
    If it doesn't say "TOYOTA" on the grill then it probably isn't one.
    If you don't own a Cruiser you won't understand....
    2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4X4 AT
    ORRA call sign X224
    4x4 Action Group GP328-KZ

Ai Willie, what you have written there could almost be my story- word for word.... I still have my terios (due to external factors) but believe me, I would never ever advise anyone to buy a LWB Terios....

We have had our Lwb 4x4 Terios for almost a month now, it has 50k on the clock and still under warranty till September. there is definately an issue with the rear suspension on these cars, ours is bumping through, any way that's something I will sort out , unless I can get Daihatsu to agree to a warranty claim on the rear springs, which I doubt, might be worth a try, then put the off-road spring in. Other than than we are very happy with the car, maybe we just a bit less critical, since the ride is harsh and noisy at speed, but at the same time, price aside, these are theoretically budget 4x4's.

I love driving it, it just has character than none off my other cars have ever had, except maybe my Suzuki SJ410!!!

Build quality is way better than the Nissan Livina we just traded in on this one, and consumption we are averaging 10.5 mostly town driving. Worst consumption to date was 9.2km/L but to be honest I was thrashing the car for that period.
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    Branch and 50mm free flow
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

KIA Sportage.....Retiredstripped for spares

Fiat Uno platcar

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Nissan VG33 4x4 View Post
    I understand that some poeple would love the car. Maybe we would have to if we had better service. There is a big difference in the 4x4 vers 4x2 suspension. The 4x4 handling is improved by a stabiliser and can not be fitted to the lwb 4x2. As I said sorry for complainig but I am gatvol for bad service and all the excuses why we need to deal with this type of service. I am also in business but we do not get paid upfront. We take a deposit and only get paid when the customer is satisfied. Where they get their money and do not really care about the rest.

Willie, after some time with the car now I also picked up that the 7 seater seems to have a problem with the rear suspension. I had new springs made up and fitted them, and when I took the shocks out found that they were no longer operating in the compression stroke! This with only 50000 on the clock. I didn't bother going to daihatsu but spected a slightly longer shock from Gabriel, think it is the ford cortina rear shock the car now has 100 percent better rear control, I can drive it at highway speeds on gravel and she is rock solid.
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

Fiat Uno platcar

Quote Originally Posted by segalmarisa View Post
    Willie, after some time with the car now I also picked up that the 7 seater seems to have a problem with the rear suspension. I had new springs made up and fitted them, and when I took the shocks out found that they were no longer operating in the compression stroke! This with only 50000 on the clock. I didn't bother going to daihatsu but spected a slightly longer shock from Gabriel, think it is the ford cortina rear shock the car now has 100 percent better rear control, I can drive it at highway speeds on gravel and she is rock solid.

We also replaced the Shocks on ours- some or other Gabriel....totally worth it.....

I cannot wait for December - by then I will know if I still have a job and can then trade/sell the biggest mistake I ever bought.

I quite like the versatility the lwb terios gives me, light on fuel, much better ground clearance than my CRV has seven seats for all the kids to school and back and I can fit all my fishing and surfing gear in and get to those hard to reach spots that I enjoy going to. Also having a solid rear axel allows it to be loaded without sacrificing clearance, quite important on some of these old Transkei roads.
    Daihatshu Terios LWB 4x4
    45mm lift
    Winchbar

Fiat Uno platcar