EB License - The Actual valid process - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Default Re: EB License - The Actual valid process

Got mine today.

Used Sades driving school in Krugersdorp.

With the learners, some lessons, license etc the whole process I would say cost me around R2000...

Glad it is sorted now.
    VW Amarok
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586

The learners you do is it a special one for EB or do you write the normal one you would for B? And do you specify when making an appointment which one you are getting a learner's for?

Quote Originally Posted by Francois De Vries View Post
    The learners you do is it a special one for EB or do you write the normal one you would for B? And do you specify when making an appointment which one you are getting a learner's for?
    Learners for B and EB is the same. Just when making your practical, you have to specify EB.

So in essence, when you have an EB learners, you can tow >750kg GVM, providing the passenger has EB as well.
    Sent from my iPhone

Desember we are going away. My dad and I will rotate driving. I want to get the learners before we leave. Will the learners show that I am in the process of getting my EB license. Otherwise a cop will pull me over and I will have my normal B code license and a random learner's license. Not sure that the local traffic cop in upington will understand/believe what I am trying to explain in this case.
    I will do the practical test next year when I have the funds.

Desember we are going away. My dad and I will rotate driving. I want to get the learners before we leave. Will the learners show that I am in the process of getting my EB license. Otherwise a cop will pull me over and I will have my normal B code license and a random learner's license. Not sure that the local traffic cop in upington will understand/believe what I am trying to explain in this case.
    Then you will be fine.
    Sent from my iPhone

With your dad in the vehicle with you you may choose to only show him the learners and not the licence if you feel it might confuse him.
    Charl

2008 Triton 3.5 V6 (4x4) D/C
    2001 M-Benz C200K
    2009 D4D Hilux SC 4x4 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhook View Post
    With your dad in the vehicle with you you may choose to only show him the learners and not the licence if you feel it might confuse him.
    +1.....
    Sent from my iPhone

I only just stumbled upon this thread. Me and a friend both did our code 3 learners and are planning to go make an appointment for the test on Friday at Waltloo. Does anybody know how long is the wait time?

Also, i have not had any lessons yet, so that must fit in before doing the test.

The plan is for both of us to do EB licenses as there is no time/funds at the moment to do EC1. We are leaving for Moz on the 17th December towing a Conqueror Comfort Offroad trailer and this is what drives the time constraints. At least by then I will have my Temporary paper license which I can display at the border/ roadblocks if required.

Can anybody recommend a driving school for EB in Montana/Hatfield area? Also will I be able to do the test with the trailer as described above and a hilux Xtracab?

Quote Originally Posted by coetzer94 View Post
    I only just stumbled upon this thread. Me and a friend both did our code 3 learners and are planning to go make an appointment for the test on Friday at Waltloo. Does anybody know how long is the wait time?

Also, i have not had any lessons yet, so that must fit in before doing the test.

The plan is for both of us to do EB licenses as there is no time/funds at the moment to do EC1. We are leaving for Moz on the 17th December towing a Conqueror Comfort Offroad trailer and this is what drives the time constraints. At least by then I will have my Temporary paper license which I can display at the border/ roadblocks if required.

Can anybody recommend a driving school for EB in Montana/Hatfield area? Also will I be able to do the test with the trailer as described above and a hilux Xtracab?
    Go for a few lessons. Driving as one normally does on the roads will probably get you a fail. Know what they look for and do that right.

I wouldn't recommend a large vehicle like a Hilux. You have to parallel park (without a trailer) in a fairly small space which is easier with something like a Polo. I used the driving school's Polo and trailer and the test was easy. Two lessons were enough for me.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Go for a few lessons. Driving as one normally does on the roads will probably get you a fail. Know what they look for and do that right.

I wouldn't recommend a large vehicle like a Hilux. You have to parallel park (without a trailer) in a fairly small space which is easier with something like a Polo. I used the driving school's Polo and trailer and the test was easy. Two lessons were enough for me.

Thank you, will definitely ask to use the schools trailer and car then

This thread is definitely very helpful. Thanks to all the guys that have contributed their experience in making the next person's experience an easier endeavor.

I am also in the process of getting my things in order to do the learners and then the EB licence.

Now for my question, which learners should you be applying for?

As can be seen on the link below, there is code 1, 2 and 3 to choose from and not one of them reference what you would be allowed to apply for with regards to the license once getting your learners.

http://www.enatis.com/index.php/down...forms?start=20

Also, can one directly apply for the EB license and not waste time doing the B first?

Thanks
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by KylePajero View Post
    This thread is definitely very helpful. Thanks to all the guys that have contributed their experience in making the next person's experience an easier endeavor.

I am also in the process of getting my things in order to do the learners and then the EB licence.

Now for my question, which learners should you be applying for?

As can be seen on the link below, there is code 1, 2 and 3 to choose from and not one of them reference what you would be allowed to apply for with regards to the license once getting your learners.

http://www.enatis.com/index.php/down...forms?start=20

Also, can one directly apply for the EB license and not waste time doing the B first?

Thanks
    Kyle
    I'm pretty sure 2 = B/ EB but you can confirm and tick that box at the traffic department when you go for your learners. And yes, you can go directly for EB, no need to do B first.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8