SANDF in Trouble

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SANDF in Trouble

Made headlines yesterday on KFM (Cape's largest radio station)
    The SANDF is in trouble for punishing five soldiers with CB drill (for the younger generation, it's confined to barracks and hard PT drill etc)
    They awolled and went to a nearby pub in full uniform. After being caught red handed they were given the CB drill etc. The unions jumped in and caused all hell, how can you drill soldiers in such a manner ..... and, and ..

Now let me think back to my army days, look at "Die Koporaal" skeef ...... CB, sloppy bed at inspection ....... CB, rifle not looking like it came out of the factory ...... CB
    Going to civvie pub, on awol in uniform ...... DB (Detention Barracks, Jail for those who don't know, a place NO ONE wanted to be) no questions asked. You would have been drilled until hospital in some cases.
    What has happened to the SADF, no wonder we are getting our backsides kicked in the Congo, no dam discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Faddel View Post
    Going to civvie pub, on awol in uniform ...... DB (Detention Barracks, Jail for those who don't know, a place NO ONE wanted to be) no questions asked. You would have been drilled until hospital in some cases.
    What has happened to the SADF, no wonder we are getting our backsides kicked in the Congo, no dam discipline
    Blou staaldak vir 2 weke, vra my ek weet......, jy gaan PP terwyl jy makeer die pas!!! (No: 2 mag jy darem gaan sit, vir 2 min)

Dit is 'n sirkus (hulle het net meer tente) en ek kry die ou PF manne jammer wat nog in die ou dae met ordentlikke troepe gewerk het, en nou moet sukkel met die lot. Soveel van my vriende wat agter gebly het het net eenvoudig die mag verlaat en is nou ongelukkig in ander poste, ouens wat in murg en been militariste is doen nou office Johny werk.....
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

Those were the days when men where men... and not metrosexual's.

Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P engine loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    GP0023

Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold

Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...

Ja...seen this coming

Went into our local EP command the other day, there is rotting food lying all over the lawns behind the buildings...and lots of it....
    broken windows on all the buildings, derelict vehicles, not to mention the impound where they keep all the wrecked vehicles...sheeeeesh!!!

and to cap it off we got stopped on the way out by a sersant on guard duty with an R5 in his hands who was so stoned and drunk that he could hardly keep his eyes open let alone talk as he was slurring so much...

bloody disgrace if you ask me.

In my day of national service, this would never have happened, would hardly have been a blade of grass out of place.

All I can say is God help us if there's ever a war.

Possibly the only saving grace would be the fact that all the guys over 40 know how to use weapons etc etc thanks to national service.

Wouldnt want to be PF now, must be a sheeeet place to work, demoralising.
    Would like to hear from guys who are in the service full time.

I must add though that this might only be the case here in PE. not sure on other bases.
    JUSTIN

Boatbuilding and fibreglass work is what I do, hence the name Itchy & Scratchy!!!

What I know about driving off road is dangerous at the best of times............

2000 Landrover Defender 110 - TD5- now sold

With a army like this it's not going to be difficult overturning the government... just saying...

We are 8 to 4 soldiers !! And the troops are running the units due to who sleeps with who .
    No offence to women but they should have been kept in their own units like at George in the older days.

Frans, bly om te sien jy was ook ack ack.!!
    Gerhard.
    4-tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jislaaik View Post
    With a army like this it's not going to be difficult overturning the government... just saying...
    Hehehe.
    Pat

Prado 3.4 V6, OME + Spacer lift, Cooper STT, Safari Snorkel, VHF.....
    Buell Xb12Ss

There is no such thing as SANDF anymore , Its a camp where you get free boarding and lay under the tree's all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy & Scratchy View Post

I must add though that this might only be the case here in PE. not sure on other bases.
    Nope, Kimberley same problem (Than again Diskobolos was never a show piece unit) what makes me sad is 8SAI (Upington) it was our pride, the beautiful lawns, and well maintained bungalows are no more....
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

http://www.dieburger.com/nuus/2013-0...otblou-gemoker

Ag shame! Arme kinders!! Hulle is GROOT MANNE as hulle kan AWOL en nog in 'n publieke kroeg in uniform kan gaan uithang, maar word uitgebeeld as KINDERS as hulle gevang is en goed OPGE@%! is!
    It's a J e e p thing...........you would'nt understand!!
    Ek ry met stok-ou Jeeps, want dan dink almal ek's al lankal ryk!!
    Gee vir my 'n Coke......skoon Coke......met 'n dubbel Brannas in asseblief!!

Seems there are another side to the story. From a news report yesterday it seems that they had to hold up poles and when failing they were beaten on the arms with a broomstick. The one guy is apparently in danger of losing his arm. They reportedly were all threaded for bruises and this guy with the arm was hospitalized. Not saying the info is correct but that was what the first report said. Since then there has been a clampdown on news from the base.

Given hard exercise is one thing, but to beat guys in such a way that they are in danger of losing a limb is not on in my book.

I see this is reflected in the link in the previous post.
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny EFS suspension, Maniac Bumpers, Stofpad protection
    Ex 1979 Mercedes Benz 416.162 Unimog
    Ex 1982 Datnis (mixed Datsun/Nissan badged) Safari 2.8 Pickup

Yes Cobus, maybe a bit to far, but I dont think the troopies nowadays get OpF*k"s like we use to.

These are necessary to induce discipline when in need in a fighting situation....when you are given an order you do it!!! otherwise you might be dead....and your buds.

I wonder if nowadays it would be....

LE PLAT !!!!!! ............eISH ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Eh NOOOOO we are on strike

Hope you enjoyed that AK 47 round through your nut,,,, buddy...!!
    Last edited by Itchy & Scratchy; 2013/05/08 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Add text
    JUSTIN

Boatbuilding and fibreglass work is what I do, hence the name Itchy & Scratchy!!!

What I know about driving off road is dangerous at the best of times............

2000 Landrover Defender 110 - TD5- now sold

Ja, there is such a thing as too far, but the state of the military at this stage is a damn shame. If there is ever a war we don't have a hope in hell...

There is no Flex like Jeep Flex!

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Eish Ma. Hulle het my cellphone gevat. Nou kan ek nie kla nie want die tikkiebox hy werk nie meer nie.

Was chatting to my son a few days ago.... this country... is ripe for a takeover. There is NO military to speak of.
    Mercedes W123 300D, runs on Mother Natures Goodness.