Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. - Page 76

Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 101 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3006

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    ek is so demoerin ek kan toor!
    Het jy al 'n manier gekry om die tenk leeg te maak, en vars diesel in te sit?

"Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. ..... and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein

If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
    - '

Nog n bietjie duiwelsadvokaat:

Ek wonder hoe lyk die res van ons se voertuie se dieseltenke?
    Mens gooi by hordes verskillende plekke diesel in, baie plastiek tenke het nie n drainplug nie, en met tyd bou daar water en wat ook al in al die ander plekke se tenke is op in ons tenke wat onderin gaan le, en dan skielik is dit genoeg om opgeneem te word en jou te laat gaan staan.
    Ricoffy is my voorkeur keuse vir Koffie, en Toyota vir n Bakkie, en ek dra net 2 tone hemde..

I'll stay put for now. Phoned BP South Africa and explained the whole story.

They are sending engineers to the station to take a sample, they will take a sample from me as well.

Both will be tested in JHB.

If paraffin contamination is found the garage owner will be liable for my damages and the tank of fuel.

PS : I wonder if Raymond can put a claim against him as well as it cost TuffStuff a bunch of money as well!

Marius, if it is paraffin, why the miss fire? Something damaged?
    To achieve greatness, stop asking for permission!

I suspect the paraffin killed the one injector.

I also suspect the fuel filter is blocked so under load the injectors are starved of fuel.

I'm putting all work and diagnosis on hold until I hear what the result is of the fuel sample.

Truth be told if the test comes back positive, I have a right mind in claiming for all 5 injectors and a tandem pump as who knows what damage has been done already.

What a mess! Did you fill up there as it was cheap, or was it just a random stop for diesel?
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Daily Commuter & Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 50% of the time.

Seemed to be a reasonable garage to fill up at.

It was the early morning fillup in Cape Town before heading on the long road to East London. Little did I know how long the journey would take.

Sterkte met dit alles. Weet nie of ek moet se hoop daar is parafien in of nie. Ek sal maar net se ek hoop jou probleme is gou opgelos
    Ricoffy is my voorkeur keuse vir Koffie, en Toyota vir n Bakkie, en ek dra net 2 tone hemde..

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Normally about 300 deg C., but I am not going to google for the exact temp.

Soldered connections are about the worst possible option. Crimp connections are the only option on high reliability circuits.

If you look at the wiring loom of a Jet Fighter you won't find one single soldered connection.
    Correct there Fluffy. They frown upon soldered connections on military connectors that carry power. All the new generation connectors are crimp types.

Jeep Commander 3.0 CRD Sport
    Ex Ford Ranger 4l xle 4x4. 278 000km and stil going strong. Until I sold it. (Mistake)
    Real Name.......Francois (As per Uys's request)

They are sending engineers to the station to take a sample, they will take a sample from me as well.

If paraffin contamination is found the garage owner will be liable for my damages and the tank of fuel.
    What will they do if they find 2so in your sample? Will your claim still be valid?
    Last edited by cacti; 2014/03/05 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Typo

I doubt that they'll test for that. If anything it may play in favour of the garage due to the extra lubricity.

As far as I understand the test incorporates flashpoint, grit, lubricity, evaporation, water and boiling point. 2SO share pretty much the same properties as diesel in these variables.

As per the picture there is clearly something amiss with the diesel in my tank and I hope the test shows that.

You can test for paraffin contamination with a test kit. I have a thread on the forum here about it, search for diesel test kit.
    Last edited by Kortgat; 2014/03/06 at 02:08 AM.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Daily Commuter & Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 50% of the time.

ek is so demoerin ek kan toor!
    Of jy kan 'n krokodil borsvoed.

I have always had my doubts regarding intentional parrafin dilution of diesel. Sure in mOz the guys selling drums on the side of the road will gain by adding a few liters to the drum. A filling station is another ball park, how much parrafin do you need to add to an underground tank to score more profit, I am guessing hundreds if not thousands of liters? a couple of liters should not make a difference to the fuel quality nor to the profit margin. Remember, parrafin is not free.
    I can understand the diesel bieng contaminated with water , soil and other grime, from rainwater, ground water due to leaking tanks etc. or possibly even petrol due to a mix up when filling. these will all damage filters,injectors etc.

WRT the miss, I may be wrong, but I do not believe that a clogged filter will cause a specific miss, the engine will be "lean" and loose power but not a singular miss. a faulty injector will miss, as will a dodgy electrical connection. A dirty or faulty MAF sensor could also be the issue, have you cleaned / checked yours?
    Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL

On pume duse engines a blocked filter can definitely cause a miss under load.

I'm not sure exactly why but in the last day I have googled a lot and many 1.9 TDi owners have reported a miss and a change of fuel filter sorted it.

I also suspect the bad quality of the fuel could be causing the miss.

I'm not sure what the return flow rate should be but if I pull of the fuel return at the filter while the car is idling the return flow is about 1 liter per 2 minutes. I don't think that's right.

My course of action would be to wait for BP to collect the sample. I will then drain the tank, fill with fresh diesel and change the fuel filter. I think I should buy two filters and change it out after 2-3 tanks again.

On pume duse engines a blocked filter can definitely cause a miss under load.

I'm not sure exactly why but in the last day I have googled a lot and many 1.9 TDi owners have reported a miss and a change of fuel filter sorted it.

I also suspect the bad quality of the fuel could be causing the miss.

I'm not sure what the return flow rate should be but if I pull of the fuel return at the filter while the car is idling the return flow is about 1 liter per 2 minutes. I don't think that's right.

My course of action would be to wait for BP to collect the sample. I will then drain the tank, fill with fresh diesel and change the fuel filter. I think I should buy two filters and change it out after 2-3 tanks again.
    Morning Marius,

Yes i think that is the way to go, rather replace the filter after a tank or two just to make sure all dirt and contaminants are filtered out/removed...

About the return rate, i don't know. Will you just drain the tank or will you try to flush/clean it with something?
    Marius Swart
    (Blackie)
    2005 Toyota Prado 4.0 V6
    1997 Opel Corsa Bakkie 1.3i (Platbakkie)

I will just drain it.

I have left the glass standing overnight with the bad fuel and it doesn't look like there is any water or sediment at the bottom. Then again, this fuel has passed through the filter already.

To take the tank out and flush etc, will be overkill.

A drain and fresh fill should suffice.

PS : I wonder if Raymond can put a claim against him as well as it cost TuffStuff a bunch of money as well!
    We will definately be talking to you
    I have never seen a wild animal feeling sorry for itself.

Howzit Marius,I hope you're sorted your fuel problem and that you recieve some sort of compensation.