Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. - Page 151




Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 126 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
Results 3,001 to 3,011 of 3011
  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    I was chasing cattle. Shalene snapped a picture

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170609-WA0025.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	449687

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  3. #3002
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    I was chasing cattle. Shalene snapped a picture

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170609-WA0025.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	449687

    So you can do other things except fixing engines

    Chris.

  4. #3003
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    So you can do other things except fixing engines

    Chris.
    Currently building a lapa as well testing my building, roofing and electrician skills

    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ck-roof-please

  5. #3004
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Currently building a lapa as well testing my building, roofing and electrician skills

    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ck-roof-please

    You are a man of many talents. Your dad ( may I mention his name??) should be very proud of you!!

    Chris.

  6. #3005
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    You are a man of many talents. Your dad ( may I mention his name??) should be very proud of you!!

    Chris.
    Yes you may. I reckon most on the forum know who my dad is.

    I hope he's proud. He built the foundation.

    Pity we see each other so seldom these days.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  8. #3006
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Yes you may. I reckon most on the forum know who my dad is.

    I hope he's proud. He built the foundation.

    Pity we see each other so seldom these days.


    I am sure he's very proud and the foundation was laid solidly.
    Fortunately he also drives a Touareg and a V10 at that!!!!
    Yes time seems so sparse nowadays.

    Chris.

  9. #3007
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Nothing new. Just reliable comfy motoring

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170702_172230.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	452531

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  11. #3008
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Nothing new. Just reliable comfy motoring



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170702_172230.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	452531

    Ag jy is 'n regte ou "brag-Gat" MAAR ek stem volkome saam.
    Ek geniet my Treg elke dag meer en meer.

    Chris.

  12. #3009
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    Ag jy is 'n regte ou "brag-Gat" MAAR ek stem volkome saam.
    Ek geniet my Treg elke dag meer en meer.

    Chris.
    330'000 diens sal in volgende week of twee aanbreek.

    Selfs met n engine vervanging is die onderhoud omtrent net oor die R10k/jaar vandat ek hom het.

    Kan rerig nie daaroor klaar nie.

    Baie goedkoper as om nuut te koop. Hy het my nog nooit laat staan nie. Ek het hom nog elke keer self gestop waar ek hom wou stop.

  13. #3010
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    330'000 diens sal in volgende week of twee aanbreek.

    Selfs met n engine vervanging is die onderhoud omtrent net oor die R10k/jaar vandat ek hom het.

    Kan rerig nie daaroor klaar nie.

    Baie goedkoper as om nuut te koop. Hy het my nog nooit laat staan nie. Ek het hom nog elke keer self gestop waar ek hom wou stop.

    My tweede Treg en hy (sy) het my ook nog nooit laat staan nie. Stop waar ek wil stop

    Chris.

  14. #3011
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,327
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread.

    330'000km service done and dusted and I noticed some oil on the sump plug before the service.

    Assumed the sump plug was leaking so I got a new one from VW.

    Did the service and a day later the oil was on the sump plug again. As this is not a land rover, I couldn't leave it at that.

    Turbo side of engine where I did the manifold and turbo gasket recently was bone dry so I checked the other side and it looked proper wet at the oil pressure switch.

    VW wants R345. So I thought I will take mine off and go to Goldwagen and Bosch to marry up a sensor.

    Lo and behold. The sensor was only finger tight

    I take it off, apply 6 bar air pressure and dunk it in water to check it's not the plastic separating from the housing (it happened to my pajero once).

    Nope, sensor is still in good condition. Clean it and dry it. A squirt of q20. Wipe the threads clean and a dab of loctite this time.

    Reinstalled the sensor and I will monitor the oil leak but I'm confident it was that.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. New Touareg 3, RNS 850 Firmware Update
    By DJMAXIZA in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2015/05/09, 10:14 PM
  2. Tyre life and tread percentage
    By rechardt in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2014/11/13, 12:34 PM
  3. Life - II
    By JDeV in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2014/09/10, 11:33 AM
  4. Touareg Spare and a Prado lurking in the dark
    By amaTokka in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2014/04/24, 08:59 PM
  5. VW Touareg
    By 4ePajero in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008/05/01, 12:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •