Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. - Page 131




Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 81 106 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3006
  1. #2601
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,182
    Thanked: 616

    Default Re: Misfire 2 months after purchase - engine swap

    I have asked the mods to change the title.

  2. #2602
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,343
    Thanked: 86

    Default

    I like this thread as is, I'd hate Marius to stop contributing here.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Daily Commuter & Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 50% of the time.


  3. #2603
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greyton
    Posts
    10,350
    Thanked: 933

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Wat ek nie kan verstaan, is dat mense kla oor wat hy skryf in sy eie thread nie....

    Moenie lees as jy nie nie daarmee saam stem.

    Sy thread is DIE DIY handleiding vir Touaregs...


    En ek verstaan sy punt van alles in een groot thread. Ek het ook n thread vir elke een van my speelgoed, en dit is soos n dagboek van daardie voertuig. Ek gebruik dit gereeld om te gaan inligting herein oor iets wat ek gedoen het. As ek dit in 15 verskillende threads gedoen het, sal ek dit nooit weer opspoor. En dan het marius nog n indeks ookvoorin.

    Nee man, dit is stank vir dank...
    Ricoffy is my voorkeur keuse vir Koffie, en Toyota vir n Bakkie, en ek dra net 2 tone hemde..

  4. #2604
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,818
    Thanked: 259

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Wat ek nie kan verstaan, is dat mense kla oor wat hy skryf in sy eie thread nie....

    Moenie lees as jy nie nie daarmee saam stem.

    Sy thread is DIE DIY handleiding vir Touaregs...


    En ek verstaan sy punt van alles in een groot thread. Ek het ook n thread vir elke een van my speelgoed, en dit is soos n dagboek van daardie voertuig. Ek gebruik dit gereeld om te gaan inligting herein oor iets wat ek gedoen het. As ek dit in 15 verskillende threads gedoen het, sal ek dit nooit weer opspoor. En dan het marius nog n indeks ookvoorin.

    Nee man, dit is stank vir dank...
    Ek stem

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    2014 Milk Bottle D/Cab Auto 4x4
    Too wide, Too low, Too expensive, Too cheating, No reverse


  5. #2605
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vredenburg
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanked: 173

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Ek stem

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Marius you are doing a great job.
    I think the people don't understand the concept of what you are doing with this thread.

    I'm sure it's only cause they haven't taken the time to know the history about you and your Touareg.

    You are a pillar of the Touareg community and a man of many talents.

    I hope the moderators can help you adjust your thread name. I thank Kortgat for advising me on choosing my thread name carefully. Otherwise I would probably also have been criticized.

    Please keep doing what you're doing.


    Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Karoo Klong; 2016/04/10 at 08:38 AM.

  6. #2606
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    42
    Posts
    694
    Thanked: 46

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Daai Touareg lyk nou kwaai! Ek is skoon jaloers, ons moes maar 'n draai gaan ry het! Sal volgende keer moet plan maak.

    Send from my Nokia 3310 using TappitTalk

    No money for a real 4x4 so I pimped my
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

  7. #2607
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,271
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    A Lot of people on this forum and I have learned a lot about 4x4's in general and Treg's in particular ( all Treg's that is )
    He is always prepared to help and to give advice. (expertly may I add)
    I find just a little bit of malice in the O P's post.

    Doe so voort Marius.

    Chris.

  8. #2608
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greyton
    Posts
    10,350
    Thanked: 933

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Ek sien meer en meer mense wat baie hulpvaardigge posts gedoen het, wat nou weier, juis oor keaboard wannabes wat almal wil aanval, tog so jammer...
    Ricoffy is my voorkeur keuse vir Koffie, en Toyota vir n Bakkie, en ek dra net 2 tone hemde..

  9. #2609
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,182
    Thanked: 616

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Ek sien meer en meer mense wat baie hulpvaardigge posts gedoen het, wat nou weier, juis oor keaboard wannabes wat almal wil aanval, tog so jammer...
    True. Ek het gister nogals gedink of ek maar net heeltemal moet los.

  10. #2610
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    43
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Errrrr no. Pls do continue

    Your contributions are the only reasons I am considering a Touareg a possible replacement in the future
    Freelander 2 i6 SE - loveeee iitttttt!
    650 V Strom - my trusty beast
    Honda XR400R - wanna play......
    Vespa - when you just have to be cool
    GT Expert and Giant Anthen MTB's - keeping the tummy in check

  11. #2611
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vredenburg
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanked: 173

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    True. Ek het gister nogals gedink of ek maar net heeltemal moet los.
    Nee Marius.

    Moenie opgee net omdat een of twee ouens 'n probleem het met jou dagboek se benaming nie.

    Jy is 'n aangename hulpvaardige mens en 99.99% van ons Touareg eienaars respekteer jou.

    Die hulp wat jy en Kortgat aan ander gebied het het ook gelei tot my vertroue in die Touareg om sodoende self een aan te skaf.

    Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

  12. #2612
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanked: 233

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Firstly no-one appreciates marius more than me, and I completely agree in terms of what he has contributed to the forum. In reality I think his contribution would even better if it were not all in one thread.

    Some of his contributions off the top of my head are:
    Mud Tyres on Toureg
    Replace Suspension bushes on Toureg
    Replace Crank Position Sensor on Toureg.


    There have been many others. The issue is that none of these have keywords or indexing and are thus not very searchable. So now if you want to solve one of the above issues you have to wade through 53 pages of this thread, or i think around 144 on my phone!

    So I am in no way telling him not to tell his story, I just think it would be a lot more useful if each item was tackled in its own thread with its own keywords to search.

    Then the toureg Guys should also start a "what have you done with your toureg today" thread where a lot of this content is well suited.

    I think in this way everyone would benefit more as it would be much easier to find threads relevant to each repair that marius has undertaken.

    So no offence intended, but I think we can agree that the R5 is well and truly fixed now.

    Cheers
    Stephen

  13. #2613
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vredenburg
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanked: 173

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    Firstly no-one appreciates marius more than me, and I completely agree in terms of what he has contributed to the forum. In reality I think his contribution would even better if it were not all in one thread.

    Some of his contributions off the top of my head are:
    Mud Tyres on Toureg
    Replace Suspension bushes on Toureg
    Replace Crank Position Sensor on Toureg.


    There have been many others. The issue is that none of these have keywords or indexing and are thus not very searchable. So now if you want to solve one of the above issues you have to wade through 53 pages of this thread, or i think around 144 on my phone!

    So I am in no way telling him not to tell his story, I just think it would be a lot more useful if each item was tackled in its own thread with its own keywords to search.

    Then the toureg Guys should also start a "what have you done with your toureg today" thread where a lot of this content is well suited.

    I think in this way everyone would benefit more as it would be much easier to find threads relevant to each repair that marius has undertaken.

    So no offence intended, but I think we can agree that the R5 is well and truly fixed now.

    Cheers
    Stephen
    He contributes on many forums. Not only Touareg forums. And there are many other related forums as well.

    I have always found the index in his first post to be an excellent reference. There is a lot of work that went in there to make it easier for people who don't want to spend time to type a quick search...

    It really can't be easier than that.

    All Touareg related posts are posted in the Touareg Owners forum.

    I keep a record of my vehicle on my forum and if I deem it relevant I will also share the information on the Touareg owners group. I have seen other members doing the same.

    Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

  14. #2614
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,182
    Thanked: 616

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    This thread is a blog about my Touareg (good and bad). I dont understand why it's now a problem after 131 pages?

    I dont see a different thread for every member spotting, bushlapa mod, picture of x-brand etc.

    You lot need to get out more. You are taking the forum faaaaaaaar too seriously!


  15. #2615
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    28
    Posts
    426
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Haha this whole thing gave me quite a good laugh. stephenplumb made a simple post stating that he thinks this thread should be for the engine fix and all the other things should go into separate threads in order to make it easier for people to find things. I agreed 100% with this. However it seems that people took this as a person attack against Marius and thus all jumped to his defence. No one said that Marius is not providing an excellent service to fellow Touareg owners. His integrity was never in question.

    People seems to have this mentality that even slight criticism about anyone is a personal attack and must be shot down immediately. Is this not a discussion board anymore?
    Last edited by DevonEllett; 2016/04/10 at 05:23 PM.

  16. #2616
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greyton
    Posts
    10,350
    Thanked: 933

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by devonellett View Post
    haha this whole thing gave me quite a good laugh. Stephenplumb made a simple post stating that he thinks this thread should be for the engine fix and all the other things should go into separate threads in order to make it easier for people to find things. I agreed 100% with this. However it seems that people took this as a person attack against marius and thus all jumped to his defence. No one said that marius is not providing an excellent service to fellow touareg owners. His integrity was never in question.

    People seems to have this mentality that even slight criticism about anyone is a personal attack and must be shot down immediately. Is this not a discussion board anymore?
    no, its not!!!!
    Ricoffy is my voorkeur keuse vir Koffie, en Toyota vir n Bakkie, en ek dra net 2 tone hemde..

  17. #2617
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,182
    Thanked: 616

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    A story in pictures

    Car didnt want to drive. Esp kept kicking in.

    Just to get by I pulled the top big 40amp fuse on the driver side dash fuse box. Not recommended though. Transfer case stepper motor gets confused and some binding going on around slow tight turns.





    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1460532313802.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	398602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1460532410587.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	398603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1460532419616.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	398604  
    Last edited by MariusFourie; 2016/04/13 at 10:32 AM.

  18. #2618
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Langebaan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    This tread is really the backbone in the VW-section of the 4x4 Community. Marius, keep on and share your excellent knowledge and experiences. You have got followers from all over the world. I am right now in Sweden enjoying the tread.
    2005 Touareg V10

  19. #2619
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,182
    Thanked: 616

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Pretoria to Bloem

    11.0l/100km while driving 100km/h cruise control most of the way.

    Cant complain about that. Muds and all.

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MariusFourie; 2016/04/18 at 07:47 AM.

  20. #2620
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lonehill, JHB
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,298
    Thanked: 243

    Default Re: Marius's Touareg R5 life thread. Something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Pretoria to Bloem

    11.0l/100km while driving 100km/h cruise control most of the way.

    Cant complain about that. Muds and all.

    That fuel station looks familiar
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB
    2008 Pajero Gen4 3.2DiD LWB - SOLD
    2016 Nissan Qashqai 1.2T Acenta
    Metalian Maxi

    4x4AG 0110

Similar Threads

  1. New Touareg 3, RNS 850 Firmware Update
    By DJMAXIZA in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2015/05/09, 10:14 PM
  2. Tyre life and tread percentage
    By rechardt in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2014/11/13, 12:34 PM
  3. Life - II
    By JDeV in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2014/09/10, 11:33 AM
  4. Touareg Spare and a Prado lurking in the dark
    By amaTokka in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2014/04/24, 08:59 PM
  5. VW Touareg
    By 4ePajero in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008/05/01, 12:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •