Bush lapa miskruier review - Page 534

Page 534 of 534 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 509 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534
Results 10,661 to 10,664 of 10664

Default Re: Bush lapa miskruier review

Here follows my advise on your questions:

1. Get some touch up paint for the chips. Use a small piece of sponge and not a paint brush for the application of the paint. The paint is dabbed on. It gives sort of a stone chip finish that hides underlying chips and blemishes. I was impressed with the end result I saw on B8 after BL gave it a once over. You will need to probably do bigger sections than just the chipped section so that it blends in. Surfaces needs to be prepared and cleaned and old reflective tape on the A frame must be removed - heat gun will work for the tape. Rubberizing is an option and although practical, but I personally do not like the look of a black A frame.

2. Nose cone. Not much you can do to reverse the damage. Since you cannot get the shine back again, I would give is a good scrub with a hard scrubbing brush and handy andy. Wear gloves...that checkered plate will skin you knuckles... Speaking of experience...

3. Brackets, jockey wheels, fittings etc. BL sources these from external companies since it is not viable to produce from scratch. The downside is that unlike the van itself, these fittings do not like coastal weather... I would sand them down and give them a coat of silver hammerite. Removing them as you mentioned to have them re-galvanised is also an option.

4. Stove. That cast iron section is exposed to open flames and will always rust. You can take the stove apart and clean the cast iron with a steel brush and then give it a coat of the matt black heat resistant paint you get for jetmaster fireplaces.

5. Elastic space savers. You should be able to get these from BL. I would just remove the old and put on a new one.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

Some very nice info Oom Koos
    VW Amarok 4Motion Auto
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Here follows my advise on your questions:

1. Get some touch up paint for the chips. Use a small piece of sponge and not a paint brush for the application of the paint. The paint is dabbed on. It gives sort of a stone chip finish that hides underlying chips and blemishes. I was impressed with the end result I saw on B8 after BL gave it a once over. You will need to probably do bigger sections than just the chipped section so that it blends in. Surfaces needs to be prepared and cleaned and old reflective tape on the A frame must be removed - heat gun will work for the tape. Rubberizing is an option and although practical, but I personally do not like the look of a black A frame.

2. Nose cone. Not much you can do to reverse the damage. Since you cannot get the shine back again, I would give is a good scrub with a hard scrubbing brush and handy andy. Wear gloves...that checkered plate will skin you knuckles... Speaking of experience...

3. Brackets, jockey wheels, fittings etc. BL sources these from external companies since it is not viable to produce from scratch. The downside is that unlike the van itself, these fittings do not like coastal weather... I would sand them down and give them a coat of silver hammerite. Removing them as you mentioned to have them re-galvanised is also an option.

4. Stove. That cast iron section is exposed to open flames and will always rust. You can take the stove apart and clean the cast iron with a steel brush and then give it a coat of the matt black heat resistant paint you get for jetmaster fireplaces.

5. Elastic space savers. You should be able to get these from BL. I would just remove the old and put on a new one.
    Thanks Michael
    Bruce

2010 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0D4D
    Bushlapa Miskruier BL15

Default Re: Bush Lapa Miskruier review

Michael is spot on....
    Stove: Take it apart, brush the cast iron bits with steel brush (nake sure you masking tape the burn holes/jets)
    then coat it with vegetable oil. Re assemble and clean stove after every trip normally. Dab the cast iron bits with veg oil before storage. Works for us....
    Groete
    Harry

BL Vlooi nr. 195 aka Jakkalas
    Toyota Prado
    BMW 1150 GS Adv

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harrygaz For This Useful Post: