Bush lapa miskruier review - Page 532

Page 532 of 533 FirstFirst ... 32 432 482 507 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,640 of 10651

Default Re: Bush Lapa Miskruier review

Groete
    Harry

BL Vlooi nr. 195 aka Jakkalas
    Toyota Prado
    BMW 1150 GS Adv

Default Re: Bush lapa miskruier review

We have the Kewer, specific for the inside table as we do quick stops.
    Seems small but found ample packing space.

Only issue we have is the front alu "nose cone" boxes. They made it smaller and it take some of the space away that we would like to have.

Rest all good, I have done some mods to the electrical system (still in progress and moved both batteries to under the front seat.) and will make an additional box next to the front seat for storage and ease the access to the bed by halving the distance to get up.

Also installing 2 x 100 watt PV's on bracket that would allow them to go horizontal on the roof and removable.
    Danie & Marinda - die wiele is rond, dus moet hulle hardloop - afgetree nou leef ons net.
    2017 BL - Kewer B1115 RUS WA GP - bos en kamp tyd
    2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - daaglikse ryding
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 DC XLT - nuwe rondloop ry ding, nou sleep ons! (2017)
    2011 Echo 4, die RUSWA-ZN - (verkoop)
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5 DT DC XLT - rondloop ry ding met "bietjie ekstra" krag (Verkoop)
    2005 Chev Aveo - Afgeskryf (2016)
    2005 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2003 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2000 Nissan Hardbody - Geruil (pyne by die duisended)
    1998 Opel Kadett - Dogter se wiele geword in 2003 (baie warm enjin)
    1990 Datsun 1800 short wheelbase - Pa se ou plaas bakkie, na die Nissan die pad gevat het met sy probleme in 2003
    1990 Hilux 2.4D - en hy kon loop, pomp en top gewerk aan.
    1984 Opel Commondore - het gehardloop
    1983 Safary 3 karavaan - verkoop en begin tent in 2000
    1980 Ford Granada 3.0 - warm enjin afgeskryf
    1969 VW 1600 TL - geen einde nie, warm enjin en geruil
    1968 VW 1600 L - geen einde en baie warm enjin, verkoop in 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Hi Harry
    Many thanks for that information. I would be very interested in looking at your Vlooi if it is convenient over Easter, thanks for the offer, I'll PM you later. I would go to the Midrand showroom, Centurion appears closer, we are staying in Benoni, but we arrive Good Friday and leave Easter Monday and suspect they will be closed for the whole of Easter. Just about everyone on this thread is so positive about Bush Lapa staff and agents. I had thought Vlooi or Kewer but imagined that the Kewer is more "airy" as thought the "windows" in the Kewer (front and side) would allow a greater airflow when it gets hot, is this a problem? The extra space would be great given our travel plans.
    Contact Andre at Centurion, he is a very understanding man (he made an arrangement for us).
    Sure he would be able to make a plan for you to have a look.
    Danie & Marinda - die wiele is rond, dus moet hulle hardloop - afgetree nou leef ons net.
    2017 BL - Kewer B1115 RUS WA GP - bos en kamp tyd
    2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - daaglikse ryding
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 DC XLT - nuwe rondloop ry ding, nou sleep ons! (2017)
    2011 Echo 4, die RUSWA-ZN - (verkoop)
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5 DT DC XLT - rondloop ry ding met "bietjie ekstra" krag (Verkoop)
    2005 Chev Aveo - Afgeskryf (2016)
    2005 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2003 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin)
    2000 Nissan Hardbody - Geruil (pyne by die duisended)
    1998 Opel Kadett - Dogter se wiele geword in 2003 (baie warm enjin)
    1990 Datsun 1800 short wheelbase - Pa se ou plaas bakkie, na die Nissan die pad gevat het met sy probleme in 2003
    1990 Hilux 2.4D - en hy kon loop, pomp en top gewerk aan.
    1984 Opel Commondore - het gehardloop
    1983 Safary 3 karavaan - verkoop en begin tent in 2000
    1980 Ford Granada 3.0 - warm enjin afgeskryf
    1969 VW 1600 TL - geen einde nie, warm enjin en geruil
    1968 VW 1600 L - geen einde en baie warm enjin, verkoop in 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Danie S View Post
    Contact Andre at Centurion, he is a very understanding man (he made an arrangement for us).
    Sure he would be able to make a plan for you to have a look.
    Thanks Danie, I will certainly call him, must confess I would hate to drag anyone out on Easter Saturday, but it is worth asking. This is the only opportunity I will have in South Africa this year, although we are travelling to Kruger in May we enter and exit from Pafuri and the trip to Kgalagadi in November has us on a very tight schedule travelling all the way from Harare. I would love to see both the Vlooi and the Kewer before deciding

Does the handbrake on the Bushlapa stop it from running backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by frans k View Post
    Does the handbrake on the Bushlapa stop it from running backwards?
    Handbrake holds in both directions.....BUT only activates while BL is stationary or moving forward.
    Groete
    Harry

BL Vlooi nr. 195 aka Jakkalas
    Toyota Prado
    BMW 1150 GS Adv

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harrygaz For This Useful Post:

Cool Re: Bush lapa miskruier review

Hi all, I have been reading through this thread for the past two months now. It was what made me decide to look into the miskruier. I rented it for my families trip to Namibia. We returned last week. I thought I would share my views here. Having driven about 2500km with it hitched to my Hilux 2.4 GD, of which about 500 km was on gravel, I can say the following:
    1. Incredible stability. It just follows no matter what.
    2. My fuel consumption went up from 8.2 litres per 100 without Miskruier to 10.5 litres per hundred on average over the 2500km. This with a fully laden for 4 people miskruier with food, water, 2 jerry cans fuel, chairs, tables, clothing and 4 ammo boxes of odds and ends for 2 weeks.
    3. It is unbreakable as far as I am concerned. We took the C27 from Aus to Sesriem which was in a terrible condition. If that did not break it, very little will.
    4. More than enough space for everything. I was surprised. I had shelves standing empty and I have a wife and 2 daughters.
    5. Dustproof. Not one spec of dust inside despite the gravel roads. My canopy on the other hand was not so lucky.
    6. It was hot, but once the roof was opened and the vents opened, the inside cooled down in a matter of minutes.
    7. Opening the bed flaps was easy, placing in the matresses was another story entirely. It left me sweating everytime. Not easy.
    8. The latches need to be updated as with the dust and sand everything gums up and simply inserting the key becomes difficult.
    9. The spreader poles, on the bush wing, in wind kept on falling off no matter how much they were spread. We eventually stopped using them.
    10. The stove, fridge, water pump, in fact all the electrics were simple to operate and worked in the background flawlessly.

Lastly, I need a commission from BL due to the number of complete strangers that walked up to me and who I introduced the BL to. I have never been so popular.Truly a great South African product.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Natsu For This Useful Post:

Good feedback Natsu,

Re the stretcher poles; I first ensure the bushwing is very tight, then I put in the poles. And give them a proper stretch. Never had a problem
    VW Amarok 4Motion Auto
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Natsu great feedback!
    Ja what can I say - owning a BL you must get used to making friends with strangers everywhere you go!
    Uys Snyders

Trailblazer 2.8DuraMax
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Any views on living in a Bush Lapa for 12-18 months, we will stay with family and friend around South Africa and Zimbabwe periodically, but for a maximum of a week. When we return to Australia we intend travelling around the perimeter of Australia, a trip that will stretch over about a year.

You are on the right track with choosing BL.... I suggest to make contact with David (forum name Climbingnut) for feedback on long term camping in a BL. He has a Miskruier.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the feedback Natsu

As Nys mentioned, first ensure the wing is tightly tied on the BL then insert the cross poles
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    [/COLOR]You are on the right track with choosing BL.... I suggest to make contact with David (forum name Climbingnut) for feedback on long term camping in a BL. He has a Miskruier.
    Thanks for the advise Michael, I will certainly contact David. I'm just a bit nervous of making such a huge decision. Many friends give us a very strange look when we tell them what we want to do. I think they may be envious of the fact that we will be retiring and able to do this.

Also had quite a lot of "walkins" in the ratel this last camp - my wife already knows we need to tidy up inside every morning as we will probably have people who want to see inside. Also had an audience when we packed up to leave. Sure BL will get two sales at least from the onlookers
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 DI-D 4x4
    BL925 - Ratel 4

Afternoon all

I recently purchased a second hand Miskruier, should be arriving from Cape town early next week. Can't wait.

Was hoping some of the experienced campers could make a suggestion on where one keeps ones crockery (cups, wine glasses, glasses, plates and bowls). I currently have a Metallian Maxi and I water jetted high density foam that was fitted into a long drawer. This securely holds all my crockery requirements.

There doesn't seem to be the space for that on the BL. How does one store the crockery?
    Bruce

2010 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0D4D
    Metalian Maxi

There is a foam insert with cut outs to fit plates, cups, bowls and glasses . Mine is fitted in the top right shelf when facing the kitchen storage space.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to riaande For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by out of africa View Post
    There doesn't seem to be the space for that on the BL. How does one store the crockery?
    Welcome Out of Africa! Below is an old picture of my grocery / crockery cupboard. I have since moved the foam section to the top right shelf. Groceries do not do to well in that top rear cupboard when the off roading gets rough....

We have all the plates and bowls (including paper plates) in there as well as 6 s/s coffee mugs. The white and red s/s wine glasses fits nicely into the mugs. The 7th hole is used for a stack of s/s juice glasses. The whiskey and beer glasses are in the top drawer of the fridge slide each in their own little wool jacket my wife crocheted for them. The cutlery goes in the canvas holder that slides in next to the grocery cupboard.

Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

Welcome Out of Africa! Below is an old picture of my grocery / crockery cupboard. I have since moved the foam section to the top right shelf. Groceries do not do to well in that top rear cupboard when the off roading gets rough....

We have all the plates and bowls (including paper plates) in there as well as 6 s/s coffee mugs. The white and red s/s wine glasses fits nicely into the mugs. The 7th hole is used for a stack of s/s juice glasses. The whiskey and beer glasses are in the top drawer of the fridge slide each in their own little wool jacket my wife crocheted for them. The cutlery goes in the canvas holder that slides in next to the grocery cupboard.

thanks Michael
    Bruce

Metalian Maxi

thanks Michael
    No problem. Your Miskruier should have that foam holder for the crockery etc.
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

We tend to currently take more in our trailer. 6 each of dinner plates, side plates, bowls, mugs, drinking glass and wine glasses.

I see the mugs, drinking glasses and wine glasses specifically as a problem. We prefer glass to the stainless steel, and as a result custom cut high density foam to secure them in the trailer. I don'y really see space for this in the BL? Does anyone else carry a similar compliment?
    Bruce

Metalian Maxi

We tend to currently take more in our trailer. 6 each of dinner plates, side plates, bowls, mugs, drinking glass and wine glasses.

I see the mugs, drinking glasses and wine glasses specifically as a problem. We prefer glass to the stainless steel, and as a result custom cut high density foam to secure them in the trailer. I don'y really see space for this in the BL? Does anyone else carry a similar compliment?
    We too carry 6 of everything. The fact that the wine glasses are glass does make it a bit of a challenge. The crystal wine glass in my picture at the back has a base that fits tightly inside the s/s coffee mugs. I love those double walled mugs since they stay cool to the touch while keeping the contents warm for longer. Anyway, back to your question...

The packing space on the opposite side of the fridge slide can hold 2 x stacked ammo boxes (one of them with a high lid) with still quite a bit of space to spare on the side (assuming you do not have a geyser mounted in the door). It is not ideal but you could use an additional part of your grocery cupboard for custom foam inserts for your glasses etc. Non essential groceries can be placed in one or both of the ammo boxes.

The bottom drawer on the fridge slide is huge and is generally used for pots etc. This can also be used for a foam insert. Do not underestimate the amount of stuff the box behind the fridge can hold (assuming you get one with your Miskruier). Not ideal for crockery etc but clears up space with things like in our case, non-stick pan, lid...the list is too long for what I have in there. I did post it somewhere...

Foam inserts are nice and so is sipping wine from a crystal glass in the middle of nowhere. They are however not very space friendly. If I were you I would take careful measurements and make a custom setup with 2 levels in a ammo box with a high lid for the fragile stuff. They can be removed and placed in any space while camping and only need to go back into the foam inserts when you travel.
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post: