Bush lapa miskruier review

Page 1 of 526 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Default Bush Lapa Miskruier review

In our part of the world the English language is usualy only used in self-defence, so please forgive me for any foul-ups.

I intend this to be a honest review of the Bush Lapa Miskruier that I will be collecting on 30 March 2012 in Worcester. In searching for information while deciding which off-road caravan to buy, I could not find much about Bush Lapa, "the new kid on the block" and should someone in the same position stumble onto this thread, I hope this helps.

My reasons for finally deciding on the Miskruier is not at stake here as many factors, including personal taste, will dictate a potential buyer's choice in much the same way as a decision about which 4x4 to buy.

My experience thus far with Bush Lapa has been great. Jannie is always available (or will call back soon) and although I have not met him personally, I already like the man. He is also very accommodating, for instance, he has deducted the price of certain standard items on the Miskruier from his base price, as I already have those items. I will therefore supply that myself and he will then just fit it. For example, 3 rims and tyres (only condition was that it must be roadworthy), this means that my Miskruier will sport the exact same tyres as my bakkie. Also my own jerry cans and deep cycle batteries.

With the resulting saving on the normal list price, I added the new 100 liter stainless steel water tank with automatic pump and also paid in part for the solar system (which would have been extras).

Then he will also fit my gasbottles and Alva gas shower. He was also willing to fit my solar panels, but I sold them in the mean time and will take his new ones.

Further I supplied the trackwidth of my bakkie as well as the offset of my rims to be fitted to the Miskruier and Bush Lapa will fit an axle that will allow the caravan to sit as close as possible in my bakkie's tracks, which should ease towing in deep sand.

So far, so good, it seems.
    Last edited by Jaco Kruger; 2012/05/04 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaco Kruger For This Useful Post:

Baie geluk Jaco, ek wag vir foto's van jou eerste kamp.
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

Trust me Jaco, I have been a happy Bush Lapa Miskruier owner for almost a year and neither Jannie, nor his product will disappoint you. You will feel even better about your choice once you meet him. Yes, he is very accommodating, maybe too accommodating. I can imagine people can sometimes have very unreasonable requests not yours Yours make practical sense.

Mine was unit no 8 off the Bush Lapa production line. To date Jannie sold 40 units and the pace seems to be picking up very, very quickly. They got a lot of exposure at the Kambati expo just over a week ago and will also be on show at the Cape Getaway Show, 23-25 of March 2012, Lourensford Wine Estate, Somerset West. I could not make the Kambati expo but will make a plan to view the full range at the Getaway show. I see they have now loaded pictures of the newly launched Rooimier on their website check HERE.

Like Frans says.pictures ASAP once you do your 1st camp.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Jaco,

Were picking up our Miskuier tomorrow and taking it in an "as is" configuration straight from the factory to go camping.

It is a fantastic piece of engineering and a superb product. As Michael said, Jannie has been more than accommodating and my wife (Aswambo) ran with the whole project of choosing it, selecting the extras etc and poor Jannie got called on a daily basis with questions and requests, which he fielded everytime witout complaint.

I must admit that we considered every single 4x4 caravan on the market, and researched for nearly 2 years, and the Miskruier came out tops in all our requirements.

She hates driving, but loves camping and have already booked a trip to the Caprivi for 3 weeks, so I rest my case. She is absolutely in her element and over the moon with her choice and the Miskruier. A happy SWAMBO makes for awesome camping and even Mini SWAMBO is all in on this exercise and I know we will have many days of solid family time in a great caravan.

I will post again on our return, with some features of the Miskruier and how much we loved it. Can't wait!

Michael, we will be at Getaway show on Saturday, see you at the Bushlapa stand for some PR!!
    Last edited by aviator609; 2012/03/16 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Caps

Jaco, vir 'n ou wat ingels gebruik net vir self verdediging, doen jy gladnie sleg nie

As ek so na die manne se opinies omtrent Buslapa en Jannie luister, dink ek hier is 'n les te leer vir seker ander vervaardigers wat kliente diens aan betref. Dis net jammer hulle is so vrek ver van my af. Sou graag die wa van nader wou beskou. Hy trek my nogal........

Groete
    Wynand Kruger
    Groetnis
    Wynand.

2016 Ford Ranger T6, 2.2, XC, 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by aviator609 View Post
    Michael, we will be at Getaway show on Saturday, see you at the Bushlapa stand for some PR!!
    Dis reg so...
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    In our part of the world the English language is usualy only used in self-defence, so please forgive me for any foul-ups.

I intend this to be a honest review of the Bush Lapa Miskruier that I will be collecting on 30 March 2012 in Worcester. In searching for information while deciding which off-road caravan to buy, I could not find much about Bush Lapa, "the new kid on the block" and should someone in the same position stumble onto this thread, I hope this helps.

My reasons for finally deciding on the Miskruier is not at stake here as many factors, including personal taste, will dictate a potential buyer's choice in much the same way as a decision about which 4x4 to buy.

My experience thus far with Bush Lapa has been great. Jannie is always available (or while call back soon) and although I have not met him personally, I already like the man. He is also very accommodating, for instance, he has deducted the price of certain standard items on the Miskruier from his base price, as I already have those items. I will therefore supply that myself and he will then just fit it. For example, 3 rims and tyres (only condition was that it must be roadworthy), this means that my Miskruier will sport the exact same tyres as my bakkie. Also my own jerry cans and deep cycle batteries.

With the resulting saving on the normal list price, I added the new 100 liter stainless steel water tank with automatic pump and also paid in part for the solar system (which would have been extras).

Then he will also fit my gasbottles and Alva gas shower. He was also willing to fit my solar panels, but I sold them in the mean time and will take his new ones.

Further I supplied the width between the centre points on my bakkie's tyres as well as the offset of my rims to be fitted to the Miskruier and Bush Lapa will fit an axle that will allow the caravan to sit as close as possible in my bakkie's tracks, which should ease towing in deep sand.

So far, so good, it seems.
    Plse keep us posted on your Live Experience regarding strength,reliability,leaks from rain,dust etc.Looks a very nice piece of equipment.Just wish the factory was close by.What looks good is the buying experience and backup!!!!

thanks
    Bruce

2007 Sport Wrangler Unlimited with Alterations
    1998 Isuzu Double Cab
    2009 BMW 120d
    2015 BMW F800GS
    2015 BMW R1200GS LC
    All things Nikon

I dont think there is anything in that market that even comes close. Yes you can get the more expensive known caravan. But the miskruier is a thing of beauty and build with simplicity and functionality in mind.

So, I took delivery of my Miskruier on 30 March, the 30th Miskruier sold and right of the bat it was clear it is light for a caravan, simply on the ease with which Jannie pushed it around in the shop. After hitching it to the bakkie I pulled off on idle.

Came back to Upington the following day and it really is a pleasure to tow, very stable indeed. I constantly checked the mirrors to see if it was still there.

Even on the long hills of the Boland, it towed very easily. The only times I could really feel I was towing a caravan was on the Piekenierskloof pass and Van Rhynspass.

The run-in brakes did their job on the downhills nicely too.

On that bumpy stretch of the N7 between Citrusdal and the Clanwilliam turn-off, the caravan sat quietly behind the bakkie while the latter was bouncing around. If I was travelling at 120km/h (which I was not as the speed limit is 100km/h), I am sure the Miskruier would have been just as stable as at 100km/h. If I was travelling at 140km/h on certain sections in order to do a proper tow test (which I was not as that would have been illegal), I am sure the Miskruier would have been just as stable.

On the user-friendly Northern Cape roads at 120km/h once again I had a very stable Miskruier following the bakkie very quietly. I am sure even at 150km/h (if I tried that just to see what would happen, which I did not being a law abiding citizen and all) the Miskruier would have been it's normal stable self.

Set-up is just as easy, my first solo attempt at home took only 12 minutes from unhitching to done, beds made and everything. With some practice and an extra pair of hands, I will surely shave a few minutes of that time.

I have only 2 complaints, one being the roof light that came loose on the way to Upington because clearly not enough glue was used, which I promptly rectified with too much glue. The other is that a cut-out on the matress of the front bed, seems to be too short and the matrass therefore bulges over a the ridge where that bed folds open. On my measurements an extra 50mm needs to be removed. I will speak to Jannie about this, but am sure it can be rectified locally by any upholstery shop.

I have not been on any gravel roads with it, but will be visiting the Cederberg from the 27th of April and will then comment on that experience.

Still so far, so good it seems.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jaco Kruger; 2012/10/03 at 08:29 AM.

Nice Jaco! Ek het ook een of twee toetse gedoen en beaam wat jy s (of nie s nie )... oor die sleep. Ek was alleen in die Hilux op 'n stil oop pad. Verder gaan ek niks s nie want hier word jy sommer vinnig veroordeel....

Lekker kamp en ek sien uit na jou volgende terugvoer.

Edit - het jy probeer om die 2 matrasse voor om te ruil?
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2012/04/04 at 03:49 PM.
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

Kooskop maar gelukkig het Jaco mos niks verkeerd gedoen nie .....

Jaco baie mooi geskryf !!

en mag jy myle se plesier kry met die wa.

Ai tog, julle ouens maak my net hartseer! Ek wil so graag 'n boswoonwa h maar die twee make wat ek van hou bou nie waens vir grootmense nie! Ek is bv. mal oor die Bush Lapa's maar of die beddens is te klein of die opening na die bed is te klein - en dieselfde met Imagine se waens. Die wat wel groot beddens en ordentlike openinge het, soos die bv. Conquerers en die Explorer, hou ek nie van nie. So ek sal maar moet kyk na 'n bossleepwa. Daar is darem 'n paar om van te kies. Hopelik sal iemand eendag iets bou vir die grootmense ook!
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

Komaan Vossie jy is nie so groot nie. Bietjie squeeze man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurard View Post
    Komaan Vossie jy is nie so groot nie. Bietjie squeeze man.
    Hehehe! Ek kan gewig verloor - van die pens ontslae raak - maar dit gaan moeilik wees om korter te word.
    Last edited by Vossie; 2012/04/04 at 10:17 PM.
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

Nee man is die een bed nie oor die 2 m lank nie? en jou voete kan mos maar bietjie oorsteek. Of beter kan jy lekker lepel le!

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Ek is bv. mal oor die Bush Lapa's maar of die beddens is te klein of die opening na die bed is te klein
    Vossie - gesels met Jannie. Ek is seker hy kan 'n plan maak . Ek will nog fotos neem van die wa wat hy aanpas vir 'n klint in 'n rystoel. Dis iets om te sien - het 'n winch binne om hom met stoel en al in te trek en die deur is heelwat groter en slaan van bo af ondertoe oop en dien sommer as 'n ramp vir die rolstoel. Sodra dit klaar is sal ek, met Jannie se toestemming, fotos post.
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    Set-up is just as easy, my first solo attempt at home took only 12 minutes from unhitching to done, beds made and everything. With some practice and an extra pair of hands, I will surely shave a few minutes of that time.
    Dit lyk altyd na soveel moeite om kamp opteslaan met 'n karavaan of tent!
    Is dit 12 minute vir die hele setup? Beddens, awnings, stoele uit, bier in die hand?
    Ek is impressed!
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Jaguar XF

Quote Originally Posted by bvandyk View Post
    Dit lyk altyd na soveel moeite om kamp opteslaan met 'n karavaan of tent!
    Is dit 12 minute vir die hele setup? Beddens, awnings, stoele uit, bier in die hand?
    Ek is impressed!

Jaco gaan daai tyd nog heelwat verbeter.... Met die nuwe "wing" tiepe awning kan jy dit in die helfte van daai tyd doen.......met 'n bier in die een hand
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

To suit al possible future readers of this thread, I will continue in english (damn!).

Michael, yes I had the mattrass the wrong way round, Jannie quickly picked that up when I spoke with him. Sorry, I blame my inexperience on being a first time caravan-owner.

The 12 minutes set-up time excludes the awning. I took the L-shape tent and not the regular awning or the fox-wing type awning. The L-shape tent's roof is also an awning, but I would have struggled pitching that alone and as the wife and kids were inside very busy with the TV, computer, etc. I did not pitch the awning. My experiment was to see how long it would take to get ready for a single night's stop-over on an overlanding trip, when the awning will not be pitched if it does not rain. Only camping for 2 or more days will necessitate the awning.

On our Cederberg trip at the end of the month I will pitch the L-shape awning and then time that, that is if we do not go camping before then to do a proper trial run.

....I suggest you pitch the L shape a few times before you time yourself. You will soon get the hang of it. I prefer to waste the minimum time on setting up camp so I am seriously considering a move from the L-shape to the wing awning.
    Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
    BMW F800GS

Page 1 of 526 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 501 ... LastLast